New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

*.CR2dxo files?

surfnron
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · *.CR2dxo files?

I've started going back to import my oldest files into LR. I just loaded a dvd from 2006 and when it came up in LR, some of the files are *.CR2.dxo. The *.CR2.dxo files are duplicates of *.CR2 files. That is there is a file 123.CR2 followed by the 123.CR2.dxo file.

Examples:

201 -----------------CR2 file ----- 7100kb
201.CR2.dxo ---- dxo file ----------- 8kb
201_DxO_raw --- jpg file ------ 4784kb

What are the CR2.dxo files, and do I to add them to my catalog? I can't open the dxo files. I'm thinking the CR2.dxo files were created when I edited the raw files and saved the jpg files? I was using Elements back then as well as I can remember, but it's really too far back for anything else....

Thanx ~ Ron

Aug 10, 2017 at 01:51 AM
Ian.Dobinson
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · *.CR2dxo files?

As it's only 8kb it's not an image file (unless it's a tiny thumbnail) .
I've not seen it as an extension but maybe it's a sidecar data file for some application you've been using previously .
If LR doesn't support it then it's not going to use the info .

Aug 10, 2017 at 06:55 PM
CanadaMark
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · *.CR2dxo files?

Probably a file that stores the image settings or metadata (like an XMP file), but I do not know for sure.

Aug 10, 2017 at 09:30 PM
surfnron
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · *.CR2dxo files?

Thanx guys for the replies. My brain may be a little slow, but I just figured out that since LR can't read the file anyway, there is no reason to add those files to my catalog. They are only ~ 8kb, but they do add up. I've got them on the dvd, and I'm keeping the dvds anyway ~ Ron

Aug 10, 2017 at 10:25 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Tom In Arizona
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · *.CR2dxo files?

Hi Ron...

Did you ever use DxO Optics as an image editor? If so, I think I remember somewhere that it creates that kind of file extension as part of its processing. Just a thought.

Thanks
Tom

Aug 10, 2017 at 11:48 PM
surfnron
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · *.CR2dxo files?

Tom In Arizona wrote:
Hi Ron...

Did you ever use DxO Optics as an image editor? If so, I think I remember somewhere that it creates that kind of file extension as part of its processing. Just a thought.

Thanks
Tom

Thanx Tom

I don't remember using DXO, but as you can see, some of the extensions include "dxo"... The older I get the shorter my memory - amongst other things.

Aug 11, 2017 at 01:46 AM
Alan321
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · *.CR2dxo files?

If you can't recall using DxO, and don't intend to use it, then you can delete or ignore the *.dxo files. If you wanted to retain the ability for DxO to pick up where it left off "editing" those raw files, then you would need to keep the *.DxO files. They are the equivalent to DxO of what .xmp files are to Lr.

This is a good thing because it allows you to use different raw processing applications at different times without spoiling whatever the others have done.

Aug 12, 2017 at 01:35 PM
surfnron
• • • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · *.CR2dxo files?

Thanx Alan. PS is more than I need, and now I'm trying to learn LR, so no DXO to add to the confusion ~ Ron

Aug 12, 2017 at 08:28 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password