New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · X-A3 as backup camera?

bvphotos
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · X-A3 as backup camera?

The X-A3 is looking awfully tempting as a secondary camera, particularly while traveling. Slap on the 16-50mm II lens and you have a setup that's much better than any P&S for not much additional weight.

True, it's not pocketable, doesn't have EVF or 4K, but in a secondary camera, these are features that are easy to sacrifice.

Any other thoughts on this line of thinking?

Aug 09, 2017 at 12:56 PM
estrellas321
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · X-A3 as backup camera?

The X-A3 IQ is great for its size but the AF speed is atrocious. If you're shooting objects that don't move, then it should be great, but if you're trying to capture kids or things that move pretty quickly, then it will be tough. I sold mine for this very reason.

You might consider the X70 (or the upcoming rumored X80) as well. Even smaller than the X-A3 and certainly pocketable. I also liked the selfie screen on it (I have a little girl that loves it). With the X-A3, it's annoying that you have to shift the screen upwards to activate the "selfie mode".

I have a Panasonic GX850/GF9 as a secondary camera, so your line of thinking is similar to many others, I'm sure.

Aug 10, 2017 at 01:17 AM

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.