New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2017 · Could this be ...... ?

Paul_K
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Could this be ...... ?

WARNING please don't take this too seriously

BUT.....

I received an invitation from NPS for a limited entrance ' EXCLUSIVE MEET & GREET EVENT' with a mystery guest on August 24th, only for NPS members, journalists from photomagazines, and a selected group of guests

The invitation doesn't mention who the mystery guest might be, stipulates they intentionally will not share any further details about 'him', but teases everything will become clearer soon, and promises the guest/event (?) will help to break free 'with the power of light'

For the conspiracy thinkers amongst us, could this hint at a first introduction of / sneek peek at that new eagerly anticipated 'wonder' camera everybody is fantasizing about

Aug 09, 2017 at 09:40 AM
Max Power
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Could this be ...... ?

Sounds like it's Joe McNally doing a presser for the new SB6000

Aug 09, 2017 at 10:09 AM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Could this be ...... ?

I agree, it sounds like mystery guest could be the D850?? That's where my mind went!

Jim

Aug 09, 2017 at 11:50 AM
mbphoto_2.8
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Could this be ...... ?

Ken Rockwell introducing the new Nikon D1000 series that shoots "Pro" mode only.

If they, on the other hand, were to introduce a full frame mirrorless with dual pixel AF (or similar), I'd be sold.. or, well, my Fuji gear would be sold

Aug 09, 2017 at 12:13 PM
macpro88
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Could this be ...... ?

mbphoto_2.8 wrote:
Ken Rockwell introducing the new Nikon D1000 series that shoots "Pro" mode only.

JPEG only support

Aug 09, 2017 at 12:25 PM
CanadaMark
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Could this be ...... ?

mbphoto_2.8 wrote:

If they, on the other hand, were to introduce a full frame mirrorless with dual pixel AF (or similar), I'd be sold.. or, well, my Fuji gear would be sold

They (Sony now) already have the best on-sensor PDAF technology - so long as Nikon gets access to that for whatever their mirrorless camera ends up being, AF should not be an issue. No way would they release a MILC without PDAF. I'd be more worried about them getting form factor, ergonomics, and control set right, but I think they learned their lesson as evidenced by the progression through the 1-series. Hopefully not too many bolt-on accessories like viewfnders...

Aug 09, 2017 at 12:40 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Could this be ...... ?

mbphoto_2.8 wrote:

Ugh, mirrorless I hope it's a real camera like the D850!

Jim

Aug 09, 2017 at 01:05 PM
Chris Dees
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Could this be ...... ?

Paul_K wrote:
WARNING please don't take this too seriously

BUT.....

I received an invitation from NPS for a limited entrance ' EXCLUSIVE MEET & GREET EVENT' with a mystery guest on August 24th, only for NPS members, journalists from photomagazines, and a selected group of guests

The invitation doesn't mention who the mystery guest might be, stipulates they intentionally will not share any further details about 'him', but teases everything will become clearer soon, and promises the guest/event (?) will help to break free 'with the power of light'

For the conspiracy thinkers amongst us, could this hint at a first introduction of /
...Show more

I got that invitation as well and I accepted it.
Perhaps we can go together.

Aug 09, 2017 at 01:41 PM
CanadaMark
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Could this be ...... ?

I would guess if it is the D850, it's a few pre-production units traveling around to select audiences to generate hype. It would also help explain why there are so many events schedules on different dates. The term "guest" implies a person, but could be a camera too haha.

Aug 09, 2017 at 02:29 PM
Stoffer
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Could this be ...... ?

Max Power wrote:
Sounds like it's Joe McNally doing a presser for the new SB6000

The "Unlock your future with the power of light" has to be something related to flash.

How about the radio trigger system being built into the D850?

Aug 09, 2017 at 03:20 PM
molson
• • • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Could this be ...... ?

CanadaMark wrote:
I would guess if it is the D850, it's a few pre-production units traveling around to select audiences to generate hype. .

That already happened last month here in Canada...

Aug 09, 2017 at 03:26 PM
Arka
• • • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Could this be ...... ?

JimFox wrote:

Jim

Mirrorless can be a real camera! Look at the Sony A9. Now if it's another 1-series camera, I will be really annoyed. So that's what it'll probably be.

Aug 09, 2017 at 06:16 PM
runamuck
• • • • • •
[X]
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Could this be ...... ?

Whatever it is, I probably won't be able to afford it, given Nikon's pricing.

Aug 09, 2017 at 06:29 PM
jhinkey
• • • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Could this be ...... ?

JimFox wrote:

Jim

Ugh, D850 I hope it's a real camera like a Sony A9

Good grief Jim!!!!!

Aug 09, 2017 at 08:25 PM
Pixphatic
• •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Could this be ...... ?

'light' might have a different meaning.....and 'the power of light' might be the light weight 300mmf2.8 FL-E......
If true, 300mmf2.8 FL-E would justify both the meanings of 'light'

Aug 09, 2017 at 09:39 PM
Danner
• • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Could this be ...... ?

Got to be a sneak preview of the D850 for the NPS professionals. Please go, and report back

Aug 09, 2017 at 09:48 PM
brian_sp
• • • •
[X]
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Could this be ...... ?

"power of light"
It's going to have high Iso that even the d5 is going to be jealous of

Aug 09, 2017 at 10:06 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Could this be ...... ?

jhinkey wrote:
Ugh, D850 I hope it's a real camera like a Sony A9

Good grief Jim!!!!!

Ha ha...

Not sure on the A9, but I will admit it would be cool if Nikon could get Apps working in the camera body like Sony has on the A7xxx. It would be cool to do some of that slow shutter speed stuff in camera.

Jim

Aug 10, 2017 at 12:26 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Could this be ...... ?

Arka wrote:
Mirrorless can be a real camera! Look at the Sony A9. Now if it's another 1-series camera, I will be really annoyed. So that's what it'll probably be.

Yep, I agree with you there Arka,

Jim

Aug 10, 2017 at 12:27 PM
Arka
• • • • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Could this be ...... ?

JimFox wrote:
Yep, I agree with you there Arka,

Jim

I think that the A9 is good enough to signal the end of dSLRs with optical finders for the mass market. You should try one out - it's a transformative experience. Tracking AF covering the whole frame? 20FPS without mirror blackout? Instantaneous image download? It's pretty nuts man. I'm about to replace my Leica M with it, since it's easier to MF my Leica M glass through that camera's EVF than on the finicky rangefinder on my M240, and I can get a lens adapter makes my MF lenses AF - great in a pinch for taking pictures of my active 3-year old.

That said, I still want a Nikon with solid AF for my 105 f/1.4 (and high resolution for my 14-24 f/2.8). If the D850 gets the D500 AF module without any reduction in capability versus its predecessors, I am all in. But I really would like to know the details sooner rather than later, and can't for the life of me figure out why Nikon is being so cagey about this new wünderkamera.

Aug 10, 2017 at 01:24 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.