New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

XT-2 battery grip does not like 3rd party batteries

gaopa
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · XT-2 battery grip does not like 3rd party batteries

I just got the Fuji battery grip for my X-T2. I put an OEM battery in the camera and one in the battery grip. For the third battery I put in a Wasabi battery. The Wasabi batteries work fine in my X-T2, X-Pro2, X-100F and X-E2; however, they don't work in the battery grip for the X-T2. As soon as I put one in and take a shot or two that one lone 3rd party battery shows red. Have others experienced this with their X-T2 battery grip?

Aug 09, 2017 at 12:28 AM
AZ Photo

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · XT-2 battery grip does not like 3rd party batteries

gaopa wrote:
I just got the Fuji battery grip for my X-T2. I put an OEM battery in the camera and one in the battery grip. For the third battery I put in a Wasabi battery. The Wasabi batteries work fine in my X-T2, X-Pro2, X-100F and X-E2; however, they don't work in the battery grip for the X-T2. As soon as I put one in and take a shot or two that one lone 3rd party battery shows red. Have others experienced this with their X-T2 battery grip?

Strange - my Expro batteries work fine in camera and grip

Aug 09, 2017 at 08:01 AM
leighton w
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · XT-2 battery grip does not like 3rd party batteries

I have a Wasabi in the camera, OEM as first battery in the grip with another Wasabi as second battery. No problem here.

I would try a few different things. Change the configuration of the batteries. Take your grip off and on and check to see if you have the latest firmware.

Aug 09, 2017 at 10:04 AM
gaopa
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · XT-2 battery grip does not like 3rd party batteries

Thanks for your responses AZ Photo and leighton w. Interesting that you two are not having problems using third party batteries. My Wasabi batteries work fine in the cameras, but not the grip.

Now that I have 3 OEM batteries all is well. I guess I will just always use OEM batteries in mine.

My camera has the latest firmware. I assume the grip does not have firmware. Is that correct?

Aug 09, 2017 at 11:01 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

AZ Photo

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · XT-2 battery grip does not like 3rd party batteries

gaopa wrote:
Thanks for your responses AZ Photo and leighton w. Interesting that you two are not having problems using third party batteries. My Wasabi batteries work fine in the cameras, but not the grip.

Now that I have 3 OEM batteries all is well. I guess I will just always use OEM batteries in mine.

My camera has the latest firmware. I assume the grip does not have firmware. Is that correct?

Leighton's post made me check for grip firmware - and I don't think it does - not mentioned on the web site and the camera does not report separate firmware version when the grip is attached.

Aug 09, 2017 at 11:10 AM
gaopa
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · XT-2 battery grip does not like 3rd party batteries

Thanks for the update, AZ Photo. I had wondered about a separate firmware for the grip.
Happy Shooting, Bill

Aug 09, 2017 at 12:20 PM
Delatant
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · XT-2 battery grip does not like 3rd party batteries

I find if I leave fully charged 3rd party batteries in my grip for 2-3 weeks without using it, they are dead. Not sure why - so now I just pull them out when I am not going to be using the grip.

Aug 09, 2017 at 11:41 PM
gaopa
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · XT-2 battery grip does not like 3rd party batteries

Delatant, If I put freshly charged 3rd party batteries in my grip they show dead in 2 or 3 shots. I think it is strange that 3rd party batteries work fine in my Fuji cameras, but not this grip.

Aug 10, 2017 at 01:30 AM

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password