Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · No Fuji GFX - 50s images thread?

therealthings
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · No Fuji GFX - 50s images thread?

I am wondering why there are so few images found taken with the gfx. I know it's a new and pretty niche product but i did expect to see more people post images. I know there is a MF thread but i have to look hard to find images taken by the gfx. Maybe it's time to start one, or isn't that a good plan? What do you guys think?

Aug 08, 2017 at 04:52 AM
formula4speed
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · No Fuji GFX - 50s images thread?

Not a ton of activity, but there is one over in the Fuji forum.
https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1482923

Aug 08, 2017 at 08:29 AM
Steve Spencer
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · No Fuji GFX - 50s images thread?

I believe there are nine of us that post at least some of the time on the forum who have the camera. Is there anything you would like to see? I am going to California next week and after I am back I am sure I will post some shots. I have none of the lenses for the Fuji G mount, so I only use alternative lenses.

Aug 08, 2017 at 09:15 AM
zhangyue
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · No Fuji GFX - 50s images thread?

Thanks, I don't know there is one. Should be cross posted here as well.

formula4speed wrote:

Aug 08, 2017 at 10:40 AM
therealthings
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · No Fuji GFX - 50s images thread?

formula4speed wrote:

How smart of me not to look in the Fuji forum... Doh!
Thanks for letting me know.

---------------------------------------------

Steve Spencer wrote:
I believe there are nine of us that post at least some of the time on the forum who have the camera. Is there anything you would like to see? I am going to California next week and after I am back I am sure I will post some shots. I have none of the lenses for the Fuji G mount, so I only use alternative lenses.

Yes i would love to see how the sensor performs with the difficult task of night cityscapes. Something like this:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/move_lachine/
This guy shoots with 8x10 film. I'm wondering how the 50mp sensor of the Fuji handles these tasks. I know the 645z performs great with this type of photography according to a blog i read from Ming Thein.

Aug 08, 2017 at 03:29 PM
whumber
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · No Fuji GFX - 50s images thread?

Steve Spencer wrote:

There are dozens of us...Dozens!

Aug 08, 2017 at 03:38 PM
Steve Spencer
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · No Fuji GFX - 50s images thread?

therealthings wrote:
How smart of me not to look in the Fuji forum... Doh!
Thanks for letting me know.

---------------------------------------------

Yes i would love to see how the sensor performs with the difficult task of night cityscapes. Something like this:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/move_lachine/
This guy shoots with 8x10 film. I'm wondering how the 50mp sensor of the Fuji handles these tasks. I know the 645z performs great with this type of photography according to a blog i read from Ming Thein.

Not my usual type of shooting, but I will try to get something like that. The sensor is the same as the one in the 645Z as I understand it with just different micro lenses on top, so it ought to work well.

Aug 08, 2017 at 03:56 PM
Steve Spencer
• • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · No Fuji GFX - 50s images thread?

whumber wrote:
There are dozens of us...Dozens!

Good to know. I thought I was keeping track of who had posted but if there is more that is great. I am always interested in seeing more samples.

Aug 08, 2017 at 03:57 PM
Lee Saxon
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · No Fuji GFX - 50s images thread?

Steve Spencer wrote:

Where are you going??

Aug 08, 2017 at 06:01 PM
Steve Spencer
• • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · No Fuji GFX - 50s images thread?

Lee Saxon wrote:
Where are you going??

I will be in several places, Monterrey, San Francisco, Santa Barbara, and Fresno. We are visiting family at each place, but I hope to get away to do some photography too.

Aug 08, 2017 at 06:43 PM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.