FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

Possibly defrauded??

mitesh
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · Possibly defrauded??

Happy ending and a fair warning to others. Glad you got your money back!

Aug 15, 2017 at 11:36 PM
pokerface1023

Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · Possibly defrauded??

👌👍🏼👍🏼

Aug 16, 2017 at 04:40 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • •
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · Possibly defrauded??

Yes I am happy all went well. I hope they catch the jerk and skin him alive!
Dan

Aug 16, 2017 at 12:28 PM
pokerface1023

p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · Possibly defrauded??

I was thinking it might be a crime of opportunity? He probably intended to ship it anyway but then hecsomehow realize that I made the payment as gift and thought can get away with it. Either way he's a mo****f****r who deserves to be punished.

I also filed a case with the FBI. Not sure if it was you Dan who mention that. It's pending though I'll pursue that even if I already have my money back. That's not a retribution of some sort but just to let him know he can't get away with a crime like this. Plus that might deter him from going back here in our community.

Aug 16, 2017 at 01:08 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • •
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · Possibly defrauded??

Yes it was me. I have been involved in a few FBI IC3 cases and all went 100% recovery and prosecution. The major one was right here on FM a few years back.
Yes he is what you say and needs to be taken out to the "woodshed" for some disciplinary action.
But the mentality today is that if anyone can get away with defrauding some, they will. There is no conscious or morality in those people.

Aug 17, 2017 at 12:50 PM
unclechuck
• • •
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · Possibly defrauded??

Congratulations! Getting your money back is like winning a bet on the Turtle and having him beat the Rabbit by a mile.

Free advice being worth what you pay for it:

Next time call the seller. I've met some wonderful FM'ers and wound up doing deals that worked well for both parties. ( Just a reminder: the call is not a substitute for regular Paypal ... but I think you've got the Paypal Gift T Shirt already.)

All the Best

Charles

Aug 17, 2017 at 03:07 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Danpbphoto
• • • • • •
p.3 #7 · p.3 #7 · Possibly defrauded??

By all means CALL AND TALK TO THE SELLER!!! That is my #1 priority on items above $250. "UC" has it correct! You can gain a "world" of info just talking to the person PLUS it verifies his phone number!!!!!
Dan

Aug 17, 2017 at 03:42 PM
pokerface1023

p.3 #8 · p.3 #8 · Possibly defrauded??

Good idea to call. Never thought about that for past transactions here.

Also, I remember not seeing much posts from the scammer here. Then I wondered how come there are no inquiries on his item. Now I know why...Coz everyone here knows he might be up to something so none bothered to even ask him.

Aug 17, 2017 at 05:47 PM
unclechuck
• • •
p.3 #9 · p.3 #9 · Possibly defrauded??

pokerface1023 wrote:
Good idea to call. Never thought about that for past transactions here.

Also, I remember not seeing much posts from the scammer here. Then I wondered how come there are no inquiries on his item. Now I know why...Coz everyone here knows he might be up to something so none bothered to even ask him.

All's well that ends well as Shakespeare said --- you got a tough lesson --- and remarkably, a full tuition refund. (except for the sleepless nights part) I don't believe you can find better gear from better folks anywhere than here on FM --- but take time to do it right.

All the Best

Charles

Aug 17, 2017 at 11:29 PM
pokerface1023

p.3 #10 · p.3 #10 · Possibly defrauded??

As an aside, good thing I was not discouraged filing a case with Paypal. Not doing so would make me $1600 poorer 100%.

So I did and miraculously got a full refund.

Aug 17, 2017 at 11:45 PM
unclechuck
• • •
p.3 #11 · p.3 #11 · Possibly defrauded??

pokerface1023 wrote:
As an aside, good thing I was not discouraged filing a case with Paypal. Not doing so would make me $1600 poorer 100%.

So I did and miraculously got a full refund.

Those folks meant you well --- you can bet everyone whose followed your adventure is totally amazed... and happy it worked out for you

Charles

Aug 17, 2017 at 11:52 PM
anthonysemone
• • • • •
p.3 #12 · p.3 #12 · Possibly defrauded??

I think that the paradoxical outcome of OP's odyssey in getting back his $ may well be that it will encourage other folks to make use of PP "gift" and will cite OP's success in getting back his $ as proof that PP will back up the claim.

Aug 18, 2017 at 12:46 AM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password