FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

BH Photo Customer Service

Dragonfire
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · BH Photo Customer Service

Henry sent 3 emails to William J. Benecke, Chief Claims Officer & Executive Vice President of Philadelphia Insurance, a company about 100x B&H Photo before Bill told him there was no information he was entitled to receive.

We all wanted to know why the 1DsIII in their possession took 5 weeks to return from Manhattan to Manhasset, NY.

"I do not recall" is a standard answer for a person trying to forget.

Two weeks ago I purchased from B&H and I called the following morning to obtain a tracking number. The package was not shipped and the customer service rep send it UPS instead of economy.

Henry is the weakest link.

Aug 22, 2017 at 08:34 PM
henryp
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · BH Photo Customer Service

Dragonfire wrote:
"I do not recall" is a standard answer for a person trying to forget.

And the truthful answer for a person who simply does not recall. Face it -- this looms larger on your horizon now than it ever did on mine. Frankly I don't even recall when this all took place.

Henry is the weakest link.

Considering the source, I take that as a compliment. :-)

Two weeks ago I purchased from B&H and I called the following morning to obtain a tracking number. The package was not shipped and the customer service rep send it UPS instead of economy.

We received that order on a Monday afternoon. It was shipped the next day. The shipping was bumped from "super saver" to UPS ground as a courtesy. You're welcome.

Henry Posner
[email protected]
B&H Photo-Video

Aug 22, 2017 at 08:43 PM
rstoddard11
• •
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · BH Photo Customer Service

Sounds like whiners trying to bash a company.
I once made a reference to preferring to trade in at KEH vs. another outfit (lets call it company A) on a forum here and had not only rebuttal remarks from a company rep on this forum multiple times over, but calls to my personal number, which I am not sure how was obtained with threatening conversations as to how I should change my comment immediately, which was just a comment saying that depending on the appraiser, you may get differing results on trade in gear. It was an innocent comment. I did not appreciate the defensive remarks and PR remarks in the forum, but also personal phone calls to my private number.

From that day I have given all of my business to B&H, Amazon, KEH and discarded all dealings with that other brand and never looked back. B&H has been good to me.

Edited on Aug 23, 2017 at 01:21 PM · View previous versions

Aug 22, 2017 at 09:03 PM
Dragonfire
• • • • •
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · BH Photo Customer Service

henryp wrote:
We received that order on a Monday afternoon. It was shipped the next day. The shipping was bumped from "super saver" to UPS ground as a courtesy. You're welcome.

Henry Posner
[email protected]
B&H Photo-Video

So, Henry runs such a large company he knows the details of a $22.00 order?

Farewell Henry.

Aug 22, 2017 at 09:15 PM
sjms
• • • • • • •
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · BH Photo Customer Service

well,now, that was entertaining.

Aug 22, 2017 at 11:35 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Helen Oster
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · BH Photo Customer Service

rstoddard11 wrote:
Possibly on payroll from another company.

Not liking the inference here, particularly as it relates to the next part of your posting. We simply do not do that.

rstoddard11 wrote:
I once made a reference to preferring to trade in at KEH vs. another outfit (lets call it company A) on a forum here and had not only rebuttal remarks from a company rep on this forum multiple times over.....
I did not appreciate the defensive remarks and almost obvious payed PR remarks in the forum.....

I found the thread; at the time I responded to you: "That's not good, but I do understand what you are saying......". Not sure how you read into that "defensive remarks".

I'm the only person from "company A" who posts on FM - and if any customer of "company A" posts a complaint on any forum which relates to any department, I copy that complaint to the relevant department manager on the assumption that if a customer takes the time to raise concerns they are deserving of a response and for every effort to be made to address the issue - and if at all possible, to right any wrongs.

12 months ago you did write that "they have always done their best to try to swindle me. Its like dealing with used car salesmen".
Which you are absolutely entitled to feel, but yes, I am indeed paid to reach out to customers who post about their discontent with an aspect of Adorama service. I'm sorry you see it as merely PR; my job title is supposed to convey that my primary focus is supporting customers, not bigging up my employers.

rstoddard11 wrote:
"....but also personal phone calls to my private number from two separate individuals.......but calls to my personal number, which I am not sure how was obtained with threatening conversations as to how I should change my comment immediately, which was just a comment saying that depending on the appraiser, you may get differing results on trade in gear......"

I'm deeply concerned to note that you felt threatened; I wish you'd conveyed this directly to me at the time, as somehow I missed your final post on this matter. We don't keep recordings of calls for 12 months or I would certainly be following up right now to discover who did this.

Helen Oster
Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador
[email protected]

Aug 23, 2017 at 07:35 AM
rstoddard11
• •
p.3 #7 · p.3 #7 · BH Photo Customer Service

Helen, I did not state what company it was. I could be talking about KMart in my post. I regret expressing my opinion a year ago, but it was unsettling to post a reply in a forum and recieve a phone call from a stranger who should not have your number within hours asking you to remove it. I guess it just rubbed me the wrong way. Sorry if I used the language you are quoting initially. I did go back and edit the post after recieving the call as requested. Mostly to just make everyone happy an move on.

Aug 23, 2017 at 01:20 PM
dmacmillan
• • • • •
p.3 #8 · p.3 #8 · BH Photo Customer Service

Since this thread started, I've placed two orders with B&H. One has been delivered as promised and the other will arrive tomorrow on time according to UPS tracking.

I've also reported posts here that I consider inappropriate.

Aug 23, 2017 at 01:35 PM
sjms
• • • • • • •
p.3 #9 · p.3 #9 · BH Photo Customer Service

unfortunately there really wasn't anything truly inappropriate. just some "views" that were a little less than centered and thought out though that opinion may vary from the originators.

Aug 23, 2017 at 04:32 PM
dmacmillan
• • • • •
p.3 #10 · p.3 #10 · BH Photo Customer Service

sjms wrote:
unfortunately there really wasn't anything truly inappropriate. just some "views" that were a little less than centered and thought out though that opinion may vary from the originators.

To quote FM, posts that meet the following criteria can be reported: " spam, advertising messages, illegal content, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude)"

I considered some of the posts to be harassment. Bringing up an old issue where B&H was dragged into a situation that originally didn't have anything to do with them was rude. Continuing to post about the issue after Henry responded politely was harassment. Dragging Adorama into the fight was rude.

Of course, that is my opinion and I reported it. We'll see what the mods think.

To be clear, I have no problem with concerns with retailers being expressed at FM. However, I think it is only fair to try to resolve the issue with the retailer first instead of just coming here to bash them like the OP did.

Aug 23, 2017 at 05:27 PM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password