New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

BH Photo Customer Service

Klaus Priebe
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · BH Photo Customer Service

Sometimes I really hate their customer service or lack of it. Don't know why I keep spending money there.

Aug 03, 2017 at 08:33 PM
sjms
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · BH Photo Customer Service

unfortunately I see a statement w/o example/explanation.

Aug 04, 2017 at 06:15 PM
doc4x5

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · BH Photo Customer Service

I don't know if these forums are really moderated or not but if they are, I'd hope a moderator would simply delete comments like those of the op. At best they are useless, no data, at worst they are slanderous. No, I have no connection to B&H except as a satisfied customer for almost 30 years. Waste of bandwidth. I don't care if he has 10k posts and lots of awards.

Aug 04, 2017 at 09:12 PM
sjms
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · BH Photo Customer Service

this is a fairly open dialog. slanderous, not at all. I have been dealing with them since 1976 when their shop was just that a simple store front. as they have grown something will give.

Edited on Aug 04, 2017 at 10:20 PM · View previous versions

Aug 04, 2017 at 09:35 PM
DanBrown
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · BH Photo Customer Service

doc4x5 wrote:
At best they are useless, no data, at worst they are slanderous.

Defamation by the written word is libel, not slander. And to prove defamation, one needs to show that the business has been harmed. Judging by the comments posted in reply, the OP's post does nothing to harm the reputation of B&H.

Aug 04, 2017 at 09:38 PM
doc4x5

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · BH Photo Customer Service

Dan Brown, I'm no lawyer so sorry for the misuse of the word slander. What remains is that the op's post is of no use to anyone on this board except to question B&H's business practices with no evidence. This sounds like a politician whose name I shall neither speak nor write.

Aug 04, 2017 at 11:38 PM
sjms
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · BH Photo Customer Service

well, to be fair here, you need to understand that this thing we do ends up with quite a collection of neurotics. it is indicative of the infinite variables that make up the group persona that intermixes "technology" and "art". I have said it before and I will continuously repeat it, "we are all bozos on this bus". you have a choice join in or bail out.

Aug 05, 2017 at 12:32 AM
story_teller
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · BH Photo Customer Service

....and then sometimes ya just got to vent!

The OP, however, should remember the definition of insanity - "Doing exactly the same thing over and over, but expecting a different result!"

Aug 06, 2017 at 03:33 PM
henryp
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · BH Photo Customer Service

Klaus Priebe wrote:
Sometimes I really hate their customer service or lack of it. Don't know why I keep spending money there.

Can I help?

Henry Posner
[email protected]
B&H Photo-Video

Aug 07, 2017 at 06:04 PM
dmacmillan
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · BH Photo Customer Service

henryp wrote:
Can I help?

Henry Posner
[email protected]
B&H Photo-Video

Perfect response by Henry. I hope he can resolve the matter.

BTW, all my dealings with B&H have been positive.(No affiliation other than satisfied customer).

Aug 07, 2017 at 06:28 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Oscarsmadness
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · BH Photo Customer Service

Maybe Klaus should figure out why he keeps spending money there before he vents...

I rarely ever spend money there, but that's not because of bad customer service. In my two or three shopping experiences there, nothing extraordinary ever happened. They took my money and gave me my stuff... which is how it's supposed to work.

Aug 07, 2017 at 06:59 PM
Weasel_Loader
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · BH Photo Customer Service

I've had nothing but great experience with B&H. Super fast shipping and almost always has what I'm looking for in stock! I usually try to buy used first for cameras and lenses (here on FM), but new is almost always with B&H.

Aug 07, 2017 at 10:53 PM
ross attix
• •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · BH Photo Customer Service

I have to say all of my dealings with B&H have been great.

The problem with digital media is people's tendency to try to make their problem everybody's business, frequently hurting the object of the criticism in the process.

Aug 07, 2017 at 11:17 PM
dgenx24
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · BH Photo Customer Service

I've been with BH for about 20 years. I had one instance where the return department almost refused one of my return. but other than that, they've been great.
I'm never going to have my car parked at the parking lot though. The valet person crashed my 3 month old car bumper.

Aug 08, 2017 at 12:04 AM
Paul Mo
• • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · BH Photo Customer Service

Such threads - where people jump the gun or misunderstand the realities of transactions, or simply come to vent with little to no evidence - should also be expunged from the forum.

Rather than relying on FM to cuddle you, go direct to the source - Helen (Adorama) or Henry (BH Photo) - and ask them to help in resolving your problem. They are two of the most level-headed FM members.

If it were your own business receiving such 'negative press' would you not want the chance to put things right?

Aug 08, 2017 at 05:01 AM
ctgoldwing
• • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · BH Photo Customer Service

I'm no apologist for B&H, they hardly need one, but as others have stated the OP's comment is vague at best. The worst part of this is that hardly anyone will remember what was said, only how it made them feel - in this case questioning B&H for no good reason.

Aug 09, 2017 at 02:26 PM
henryp
• • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · BH Photo Customer Service

ctgoldwing wrote:
I'm no apologist for B&H, they hardly need one, but as others have stated the OP's comment is vague at best. The worst part of this is that hardly anyone will remember what was said, only how it made them feel - in this case questioning B&H for no good reason.

And, sadly he seems to have initiated this thread and then vanished. Telling IMO. YMMV.

Henry Posner
[email protected]
B&H Photo-Video

Aug 09, 2017 at 02:33 PM
tuantran
• •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · BH Photo Customer Service

In life, we need to look at the various alternatives.
B&H and Adorama offer the best of the alternatives. The others pale in comparison.
I have my problems but they both resolve my problems quickly.

Some people seem to use FM to vent. Do we need a forum for venting?

Aug 09, 2017 at 06:42 PM
Herb
• • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · BH Photo Customer Service

I know why I spend my money there...they have always been fair with me.....I have had bad product replaced, returns processed, price matching and shipments as promised. Not sure what else I could ask of a vendor....B&H is my camera gear supplier of choice!

Aug 22, 2017 at 12:22 AM
przero
• •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · BH Photo Customer Service

+1 for B&H!!!

Aug 22, 2017 at 01:42 AM
       2       3       end

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password