FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2017 · Samyang 35mm f/2.8 Reviews

buthurt
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Samyang 35mm f/2.8 Reviews

jhinkey wrote:
Yes, one would have thought that they (Ephotozine) would have reviewed the Sony 35/2.8 by now so there could be a direct comparison between the two . . .

I like my Sony, but it definitely has some shortfalls that the Samyang could potentially beat it in.

- J

I went through a whole bunch of reviews on the Samyang/Rokinon 35/2.8 a few days back and decided against pulling the trigger. My main concern with the loud focus noise a lot of the reviewers were mentioning - not sure if this was a QA issues but it seemed like half of the samples had some sort of ugly focusing sound. Combine that with mediocre build quality Samyang/Rokinon had historically, I wonder if these lenses will last very long on average before needing repairs (which I heard is a pain in the ass since they have to be sent to Korea for repairs). Considering that the Sony 35/2.8 had its own share of sample variation (besides being ridiculous expensive for a 35/2.8 prime), I guess I will stick with my manual Nikkors with adapter for now...

Sep 10, 2017 at 05:22 AM
Rambazamba73

p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Samyang 35mm f/2.8 Reviews

Does the Samyang AF 35 deliver nice sunstars? Are the blades straight?
I am deciding between Samyang and Nikkor 35mm 2.0 AI-S.

Sep 27, 2017 at 04:16 AM
Tpicture
• •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Samyang 35mm f/2.8 Reviews

FYI,
On sale now for $279.00

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1348365-REG/samyang_syio35af_e_35mm_f2_8_compact_wide.html

Feb 02, 2018 at 04:06 PM
       end

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.