FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

end

Drive filling up ? LR question

butchM
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Drive filling up ? LR question

skid00skid00 wrote:
It was a pc I used at my prior job, two years ago. I don't have any other specs. The research I did at the time also indicated it was a slow drive. I was surprised, because I have favored Crucial RAM in builds I have done.

My contribution is exactly as useful as any other.

I recall helping a friend out a few years back with a 'slow' drive.

This was shortly after the SATA 3 (6Gb/sec. throughput) had become standard production. This fellow's laptop wasn't performing nearly as well as mine even though on a cursory comparison of specs, it should have. We decided to upgrade his drive. When we removed the stock drive, we discovered the manufacturer had cut some corners by installing the older SATA 2 (3 Gb/sec. throughput) to save some money our use up their back stock of the older drives.

The older version drive worked flawlessly and indeed performed up to specifications for the drive, though, it did not perform up to the end user's expectations compared to the latest tech.

The fault may not be that Crucial manufactured a 'slow' drive ... but that HP opted to install an older standard drive to enhance their bottom line while keeping the price point for your employer more attractive.

Aug 15, 2017 at 02:13 PM
       end

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password