Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Defrauded $1200 by MikePix, what do I do?

jpkerr

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Defrauded $1200 by MikePix, what do I do?

Hello,

I am a relatively new member on Fred Miranda, I was messaged by someone named MikePix after inquiring about purchasing a Sony FE 16-35mm lens from some other sellers on the forum. The lens was 930 USD through pay-pal, I asked if I could send half before and after I received the product and he said no, he also had to "ask his wife" about the price.I never heard from him after that. I advise other members to be weary of this person when purchasing.

The email he used is [email protected] and the fraudulent pay-pal account the money was transferred to is [email protected]. On July 30 I sent the transfer and he said he would send the shipment on the 31, and the tracking on Aug 1st. I go on FM and his account is locked all PM's deleted, no reply from the emails. So I have opened a paypal dispute. Upon talking to Paypal this account has multiple claims against them, so be weary. I will hear back on August 12th regarding the refund, until then I am out $1200.00. I am a university student and now super anxious as my budget is super tight and 1200 is a substantial amount to lose, is there anything that can be done in this situation or did I just get scammed out of my money?

Here are two other instances from this person

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/4184676

https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1502000

Aug 01, 2017 at 11:25 AM
Andrew J
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Defrauded $1200 by MikePix, what do I do?

Very sorry to hear about this. You should be OK after all that's why you are using PayPal.

Aug 01, 2017 at 07:31 PM
Dan Grisez
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Defrauded $1200 by MikePix, what do I do?

As long as you didn't use PayPal Gift, you are OK. Good luck!

Aug 02, 2017 at 10:04 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Defrauded $1200 by MikePix, what do I do?

File a FBI IC3 Complaint immediately. I have had 100% results with them. This amount is a felony in all states I believe. Notify local LEO's also for police report, if they will take one.. Do this regardless of PP.

Aug 02, 2017 at 10:20 AM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.