New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

please help me solve this problem on selling and buying

baohoang123

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · please help me solve this problem on selling and buying

Hi guys, just want to share one of my experience here. My name is Henry and i have been fredmiranda member for about a year. I have made a few purchases here and there and there's no problem. On july 27 i have decided to buy a sigma 50 art for canon with the seller called MikePix. The transaction was made through paypal invoice/request from seller with description : Sigma 50 art in pristine condition comes with all papers. The problem was that the seller promise to respond me back on the july 29th or july 30th about my tracking numbers but then he never responded to me. I check the pm and all of his messages between him and me have been completely gone. I sent him a few messages and never got any reply. It turned out that his account was blocked ( i guess after he sent me the message about my tracking numbers thing. ), im really anxious now that i dont know what to do, who should i contact to get the money back or is there any way that i can contact the seller.
updated : The seller told me he's from Orlando Fl but when he sent me the bill over paypal, the account is outside US and unverified, this can be a new scam guys. be alerted

Edited on Aug 01, 2017 at 02:29 AM · View previous versions

Jul 31, 2017 at 05:31 AM
anthonysemone
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · please help me solve this problem on selling and buying

PM Fred Miranda - link is in upper right hand corner of this page. If you you paid the invoice via PP with something other than PP gift (or equivalent), you can and should FILE IMMEDIATELY A CLAIM WITH PAYPAL. If you paid with "gift", but used your credit card, file a claim with that company. On his invoice, did he list an address? Have you Googled his screen name? Feds don't take kindly to this sort of fraud. One (at least) of our old time members tracked down some scamming sucker and said sucker got nailed. Glad you posted his username. Some of these schmucks are stupid enough to show up again, use a different name, but try to sell the same item and use the same language in their ad, and even the same (ripped-off) picture. Good luck and keep us posted.

Jul 31, 2017 at 10:18 AM
MTBtrials
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · please help me solve this problem on selling and buying

Thank for telling (him) how to get a hold of fred. I thought his PM was just "fred" and thought he was ignoring me. Oops.

Aug 01, 2017 at 02:19 AM
MTBtrials
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · please help me solve this problem on selling and buying

Thank for telling (him) how to get a hold of fred. I thought his PM was just "fred" and thought he was ignoring me. Oops.

Aug 01, 2017 at 02:19 AM
baohoang123

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · please help me solve this problem on selling and buying

thank you i have contacted paypal to dispute the transaction

Aug 01, 2017 at 02:27 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

MTBtrials
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · please help me solve this problem on selling and buying

I'm very happy to say that I realized that Fred's PM. Is not just "fred". I pm'ed him last night and he got it resolved immediately. Once I figured out how to get a hold of him it was sorted out right away. Thanks Fred.

Aug 01, 2017 at 04:20 PM
jpkerr

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · please help me solve this problem on selling and buying

The same thing happened to me today, The email he used is liumjreturn@gmail.com and the fraudulent pay-pal account the money was transferred to is asherkimyang@yahoo.com. On July 30 I sent the transfer and he said he would send the shipment on the 31, and the tracking on Aug 1st. I go on FM and his account is locked all PM's deleted, no reply from the emails.

Hopefully you can get it sorted out mate, Im out 950 USD myself at the moment because of this, it takes paypal roughly 10 days to sort out the escalation process.

Best of luck.

Aug 01, 2017 at 04:27 PM
baohoang123

p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · please help me solve this problem on selling and buying

I feel you, this shit needs to be stopped

Aug 01, 2017 at 05:22 PM
anthonysemone
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · please help me solve this problem on selling and buying

The way it gets stopped is by investigating the person you are transacting business with BEFORE you complete the sale. It's a hackneyed expression, but nonetheless true: You gotta do your "due diligence." Fred does the best he can to prevent this "shit" from happening, but it's not his job and he is amply clear about that in his TOS. To each of you, I know that's a hard piece of rotten fish to have to eat, but it's true.

I would add that there are several threads on this particular board created by old-timers here on "How to avoid being Scammed." Search them out and learn what other folks have done to reduce the risk to an acceptable level. For me, and with as much respect as I can muster for our fellow members here from countries over the various ponds, It'd be a cold day in hell before I'd send large sums of $ to a country where the cost of a plane ticket to track down the sucker would be more than sum I lost in the transaction. That's #1. #2, et se.

How many posts did the asshole have on this site in one or more of the various boards? Close to zero I'm betting. Did said schmuck have their profile filled out? Gee. No? Did the same load of shite have any feedback on this site or other reputable sites? I'm betting you didn't even ask for it, but I hope I'm wrong. Etc. Etc. If <jpkerr> found the SOB on DPR after he got ripped off, well, I'm betting that a diligent search would have found him before the sale. At the very least you could post a note on this Board asking if anybody here had any positive dealings with the scumbag, and, if not, you could use that info to your benefit.

So, there ya go.... I expect PayPal will save the day for you both, I sure as hell hope so. In the future, don't let yourself get scammed.

Aug 01, 2017 at 09:02 PM
DanBrown
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · please help me solve this problem on selling and buying

baohoang123 wrote:
when he sent me the bill over paypal, the account is outside US and unverified

That should have generated the image of a red flag and sirens blasting with a PSA of "run, run, as fast as you can."

Aug 02, 2017 at 01:21 AM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password