New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Bad experience with Adorama

JDug
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Bad experience with Adorama

I recently had a really bad experience with Adorama. I purchased Adobe's photography plan one year subscription, the digital download and waited nearly three days for my order to "process". Each time I would either call or chat with their "out sources" customer service reps I was told the order would be fulfilled and emailed to me by the end of the day. Finally after the fourth day and still no email with my purchase code, I canceled my order and asked for a refund. A few hours After being told sure, I get an emailed that they processed the order incorrectly and instead of the digital download, they processed the keycard version and shipped it via ups. Even though they confirmed that I did in fact order the digital version and they processed the wrong item they have refused to refund me my money until they can have ups intercept the package and return it to them.

I find this completely horrendous and the customer service equally as bad. Has Adorama gone downhill? I have bought several things from them in the past but this situation has really put a sour taste in my mouth and I doubt I will order from them again.

By the way, after canceling my order I placed the same order on amazon and received my Adobe resemption code within 15 seconds. To date it has been a week and I never received anything from Adorama except a charge on my credit card and no refund!

Jul 31, 2017 at 03:33 AM
DanBrown
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Bad experience with Adorama

Helen Oster will probably see this thread and respond. If you would like, you can email her at [email protected] She's very responsive and cares about quality customer service.

Jul 31, 2017 at 03:45 AM
kwilliam8
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Bad experience with Adorama

DanBrown wrote:
Helen Oster will probably see this thread and respond. If you would like, you can email her at [email protected] She's very responsive and cares about quality customer service.

Helen will make things right. She is top notch. Sorry about your bad experience!
Keith W.

Jul 31, 2017 at 04:17 AM
MedicineMan404
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Bad experience with Adorama

Happens with every company sooner or later.
I just had a great experience with Adorama.

Jul 31, 2017 at 04:19 AM
Helen Oster
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Bad experience with Adorama

JDug wrote:
I recently had a really bad experience with Adorama. I purchased Adobe's photography plan one year subscription, the digital download and waited nearly three days for my order to "process". Each time I would either call or chat with their "out sources" customer service reps I was told the order would be fulfilled and emailed to me by the end of the day. Finally after the fourth day and still no email with my purchase code, I canceled my order and asked for a refund. A few hours After being told sure, I get an emailed that they processed the
...Show more

I was sorry to see this - and if you email me: [email protected] I will give it my immediate attention.

I would like to take this opportunity, though, to address a couple of points that you raised. Some of our CS reps are indeed not based in the US - but some are. The ones which are not, are not 'outsourced', they are members of the Team, and we all communicate between ourselves every day. I will go so far as to say that my colleagues in Manila are some of the hardest working most loyal Team members I've ever had the good fortune to work alongside!

As we ship to over 200 countries worldwide, it didn't seem to us to offer the best possible customer service experience to be giving support only on an Eastern Time basis. (Our store is in NY, our Distribution Centers are in NJ but we are a Global Business.......smaller, but no different from Amazon in the respect). They fill this gap very, very well indeed.

I'm not any way invalidating your experience, but the CS reps are only a very small cog in the wheels of order fulfilment. While we make every effort to ensure hassle-free service delivery, errors can occur at any point during the process, such as an admin uploading incorrect SKU #s or product descriptions to the website; someone in the Receiving Department incorrectly bar-coding in-bound goods; a picker packing an incorrect piece - or the manufacturer / supplier shipping incorrectly packed goods to us.

Delays in order processing can also be for a variety of reasons, none of which are in the control of the CS reps - such as problems verifying a customer's cc details or shipping address.

All that being said, I would welcome the opportunity to resolve this for you today; please accept my sincere apologies for the frustration caused, and I very much look forward to hearing from you.

Helen Oster
Adorama Camera
[email protected]

Jul 31, 2017 at 08:21 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Bad experience with Adorama

Helen will fix it if you stated facts correctly. I would however call CC company immediately and "DISPUTE" the transaction.
Dan

Jul 31, 2017 at 12:59 PM
Helen Oster
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Bad experience with Adorama

Danpbphoto wrote:
Helen will fix it if you stated facts correctly. I would however call CC company immediately and "DISPUTE" the transaction.
Dan

Jared can of course do that - but then I won't be able to do anything.....

Jul 31, 2017 at 01:02 PM
Helen Oster
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Bad experience with Adorama

Update: return should be processed today; CS Manager & Shipping Manager looking into how this happened; I sent OP a nice gift card - and all is well with the world?

Helen

Jul 31, 2017 at 05:30 PM
anthonysemone
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Bad experience with Adorama

I've been dealing with Adorama for 7 to 8 years; 50+ transactions. Only one glitch and Helen fixed it straight away and the end of the day it was probably my fault to begin with. Somebody calculate that error rate for me. Here's to Adorama and Helen

Jul 31, 2017 at 05:41 PM
Helen Oster
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Bad experience with Adorama

anthonysemone wrote:
I've been dealing with Adorama for 7 to 8 years; 50+ transactions. Only one glitch and Helen fixed it straight away and the end of the day it was probably my fault to begin with. Somebody calculate that error rate for me. Here's to Adorama and Helen

Sounds like we need to get those odds down to 1:5,000.....

Jul 31, 2017 at 06:55 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

birdied
• • • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Bad experience with Adorama

Mistakes happen. However it has been my experience that Adorama has always made things right.

Birdie

Aug 04, 2017 at 05:21 PM
Tom In Arizona
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Bad experience with Adorama

It might be a nice gesture for the OP to post a follow-up to his experience and that it was apparently resolved to his satisfaction. The title of his post leaves the impression he is still dissatisfied with Adorama.

As other posters have indicated, Adorama (and Helen in particular) have an excellent reputation for customer satisfaction. It's regretful if the OP wants to leave his post without explaining the outcome.

Thanks
Tom

Aug 04, 2017 at 06:12 PM
Helen Oster
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Bad experience with Adorama

Tom In Arizona wrote:
As other posters have indicated, Adorama (and Helen in particular) have an excellent reputation for customer satisfaction......
Thanks
Tom

Thank you so much for taking the time to say so -

It is highly appreciated.

Aug 06, 2017 at 01:55 PM
unclechuck
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Bad experience with Adorama

anthonysemone wrote:

Tom In Arizona wrote:
It might be a nice gesture for the OP to post a follow-up to his experience and that it was apparently resolved to his satisfaction. The title of his post leaves the impression he is still dissatisfied with Adorama.

As other posters have indicated, Adorama (and Helen in particular) have an excellent reputation for customer satisfaction. It's regretful if the OP wants to leave his post without explaining the outcome.

Thanks
Tom

+1 to both. esp the hope that OP will update the resolution.

Haven't done 50 transactions but a good number with only one problem. I contacted Helen and the issue was quickly resolved.

Charles

Aug 07, 2017 at 03:29 AM
jbregar
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Bad experience with Adorama

Danpbphoto wrote:
Dan

Holy crap... what is it with people around here and immediately running off to dispute transactions with your credit card? That's HORRIBLE advice.

Even the credit card companies will tell you that a chargeback should be your LAST resort when you have been unable to get satisfaction from the retailer and/or payment processor (in the case of PayPal) after making REPEATED attempts.

If you're chargeback-happy, you're likely to end up not being able to do chargebacks anymore... and Adorama (and B&H and Amazon and any other retailer) is well within their rights to refuse to do business with you. Chargebacks cost the retailers money, they cost the issuing bank money, and they're a huge pain in the ass to try to unwind once they're started.

Give the retailer time to make things right. If they refuse THEN talk to your credit card issuer about your options. This is why the card issuers give you 60 days to dispute a charge... they expect that you'll make an attempt to work with the retailer first before you dispute a charge can cause a chargeback.

I've been doing credit-card based transactions online since the 90s and in that time I can count the number of chargebacks I've done on ONE HAND. My wife has only ever done ONE. They should be very very rare and used only as a last resort.

Aug 07, 2017 at 08:12 PM
Paul Mo
• • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Bad experience with Adorama

Such threads - where people jump the gun or misunderstand the realities of transactions, or simply come to vent with little to no evidence - should also be expunged from the forum.

Rather than relying on FM to cuddle you, go direct to the source - Helen (Adorama) or Henry (BH Photo) - and ask them to help in resolving your problem. They are two of the most level-headed FM members.

If it were your own business receiving such 'negative press' would you not want the chance to put things right?

Aug 08, 2017 at 04:45 AM
steve807

p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Bad experience with Adorama

Adorama was real good to me a couple weeks ago.

Aug 09, 2017 at 05:18 AM
Helen Oster
• • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Bad experience with Adorama

steve807 wrote:
Adorama was real good to me a couple weeks ago.

Delighted to hear it - anyone particular, so I can share feedback with his/her manager?

Aug 09, 2017 at 06:15 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Bad experience with Adorama

If it were your own business receiving such 'negative press' would you not want the chance to put things right?

Paul I agree with all you said but the above premise is probably only 90% true in my recent business dealings. Yes all business should "try to make it right". Most do. But not all care to. Just a remark Paul. Nothing negative about your post. Just a remark on business today.
Dan

Aug 10, 2017 at 01:00 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Bad experience with Adorama

Helen Oster wrote:
Delighted to hear it - anyone particular, so I can share feedback with his/her manager?

This a great business practice! Positive reinforcement to employees gives them a feeling of "worth" and that will, or should, reflect in future Customer Service contacts.
Dan

Aug 11, 2017 at 01:14 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password