New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Canon Pixma Pro-100 inks?

Herb
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Canon Pixma Pro-100 inks?

I bought a new Pro-100 printer and looking ahead to replacing the inks I was wondering what other forum members did for ink. Do you buy the Canon inks $$$? or do you use a third parties ink and if so where do you get them?

Any other comments you can provide relative to using the printer would be appreciated!

thanks in advance!!!!

regards, Herb

Jul 30, 2017 at 10:50 PM
runamuck
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Canon Pixma Pro-100 inks?

Considering the Pro 10 but cannot find info on cartridge capacity.

Jul 31, 2017 at 01:14 AM
Ariel70
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Canon Pixma Pro-100 inks?

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1397700

Jul 31, 2017 at 02:38 AM
whumber
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Canon Pixma Pro-100 inks?

I've been using the Precision Colors set for around three years now and have been pretty happy with them. The only issue I've had was that I needed to replace my print head recently as I didn't unpack my printer for a couple months after we moved and the photo magenta nozzle was permanently clogged. Just be sure to make a small print every other week and you'll be fine, at least until the waste ink sponge gets saturated.

Jul 31, 2017 at 03:35 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Herb
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Canon Pixma Pro-100 inks?

Thanks everyone that really helps a lot!

Jul 31, 2017 at 05:47 PM
charlyw
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Canon Pixma Pro-100 inks?

Herb wrote:
I bought a new Pro-100 printer and looking ahead to replacing the inks I was wondering what other forum members did for ink. Do you buy the Canon inks $$$? or do you use a third parties ink and if so where do you get them?

Stay with the original inks if you ever want to achieve anything close to correct color reproduction (using the proper ICC profiles), if you only print first impression junk to be tossed afterwards on it then the ink doesn't matter...

Aug 01, 2017 at 09:42 AM
Herb
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Canon Pixma Pro-100 inks?

I bought some Canon inks last night as they were also giving away paper with the orders. Thought it was a good deal.

charlyw wrote:
Stay with the original inks if you ever want to achieve anything close to correct color reproduction (using the proper ICC profiles), if you only print first impression junk to be tossed afterwards on it then the ink doesn't matter...

Aug 01, 2017 at 02:28 PM
DtEW
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Canon Pixma Pro-100 inks?

Precision Colors (a well-regarded 3rd-party ink supplier that provides ICC profiles for most of what they sell with popular papers) is very proud of their current PRO-100 inkset, but not-yet-publicized is how over-the-moon they are with their upcoming re-formulations of their PRO-1/PRO-10 inksets. Supposedly they can be used with the OEM profiles for the OEM ink.

Edit: supposedly improvements are coming to the PRO-100 inkset as well.

Aug 01, 2017 at 09:01 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password