New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · My buddy Tom, live from an 18' U-haul truck

joel dowling
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · My buddy Tom, live from an 18' U-haul truck

I recently converted an 18' U-Haul truck into a temporary studio and parked it outside of a music festival - pretty punk rock, if I do say so myself.

All power supplied via a PCB Vagabond Extreme - it was perfect for the project. I used a 5dsr for the project and the prints positively sing at 13x19...and now I am itching for a larger printer.

Here's a peek at a portrait from the weekend.

Thanks for taking a peek!

More from the project here.

Jul 29, 2017 at 01:28 PM
tntcorp
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · My buddy Tom, live from an 18' U-haul truck

joel... great b&w portrait set. other than tom, who showed skinsv& guns, everyone else seemed to be covered with jackets.

perhaps i'm stereo-typing, but i was expecting hardcore punk to have more of a wild side such as dyed punk haircuts, piercings, tatts, and some let's-party-attitudes.

perhaps you can play some genre music to set them in the mood. it seemed everyone are pretty subdued in a sitting pose.

get some group pics to loosen them up if you get another chance... :')

Jul 29, 2017 at 01:50 PM

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · My buddy Tom, live from an 18' U-haul truck

Like the lighting and warm monochrome toning. Very 3D to my eyes.

Edited by Guest on Jul 30, 2017 at 01:49 AM · View previous versions

Jul 29, 2017 at 02:41 PM
joel dowling
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · My buddy Tom, live from an 18' U-haul truck

tntcorp wrote:
joel... great b&w portrait set. other than tom, who showed skinsv& guns, everyone else seemed to be covered with jackets.

perhaps i'm stereo-typing, but i was expecting hardcore punk to have more of a wild side such as dyed punk haircuts, piercings, tatts, and some let's-party-attitudes.

perhaps you can play some genre music to set them in the mood. it seemed everyone are pretty subdued in a sitting pose.

get some group pics to loosen them up if you get another chance... :')

You hit on something there - for a hardcore and punk crowd, these are definitely subdued. Admittedly, I could have pushed the envelope and encouraged more attitude, though I wanted to remove the sitters from the most obvious setting - the actual show - and give them a moment to "breath" on their own.

I may take things in a slightly more in-your-face direction in the future, though - stay tuned.

Thanks for checking them out and for all of the constructive criticism.

Jul 29, 2017 at 02:49 PM
joel dowling
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · My buddy Tom, live from an 18' U-haul truck

AlexDROP wrote:
Like the lighting and warn monochrome toning. Very 3D to my eyes.

Thank you for the kind words - I appreciate it. It is surprisingly difficult to use a large light source in a U-Haul truck.

Jul 29, 2017 at 02:50 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.