1       2       3       4      
       end

Petition to Sony's Star Eater

Matt Grum
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #1 · p.5 #1 · Petition to Sony's Star Eater

realVivek wrote:
I would suggest that avoid buying new mk I units that Sony are desperately trying push at reduced prices.

Given their track record, they will not be issuing any FW updates to the mk I bodies.

For the price there's very little wrong with the A7 mkI, I don't see why you would need the promise of future firmware upgrades to make it worthwhile. Obviously don't buy one if you plan to only do bulb exposures...

zhangyue wrote:
The firmware was trying to deal with it. If you removed the firmware, you get way more noise. I am not even sure you get the benefit of more star with lots of hot spot and noise going.

You do get more stars if you are stacking shots. Stacking several noisy images of a star will give you a clean image of a star, stacking several images where the star is filtered out will give you nothing.

zhangyue wrote:
It is nice trade off Sony engineers decide to take.

The mistake was making it so you couldn't turn it off. I can do better noise reduction than the camera is capable of in post.

Schlotkins wrote:
I mean every camera has way more noise at ISO3200 for 30 seconds. This guy does great work for astro long exposure

The A7RII was noticeably worse than the A7R under identical conditions. That is why Sony felt the need to do something.

Sep 27, 2017 at 08:45 AM
realVivek
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #2 · p.5 #2 · Petition to Sony's Star Eater

I am just pointing out for any potential buyer that given sony's track record, they should not expect any FW upgrardes for their new products, even if it comes with the usual 2 year warranty. It is an old model and they do no t bother updating FW on these.

Matt Grum wrote:
For the price there's very little wrong with the A7 mkI, I don't see why you would need the promise of future firmware upgrades to make it worthwhile. Obviously don't buy one if you plan to only do bulb exposures...

Sep 27, 2017 at 09:41 AM
       end

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password