New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Top Model Anais Pouliot for ELLE by Yours Truly

benjikan
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Top Model Anais Pouliot for ELLE by Yours Truly

Hi There,

For all of you Fashion aficionados, please find herein my newest photoshoot for ELLE Magazine called “Red Ready” with the iconic Top Model Anais Pouliot of ELITE Agency and worldwide. She was the Lancome girl for quite some time.

We also did one of our Instagram friendly one minute videos.

Here is the link to the whole story and the video:

http://benjaminkanarekblog.com/5360

Jul 28, 2017 at 02:18 PM
friscoron
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Top Model Anais Pouliot for ELLE by Yours Truly

Is that a guy in the background? Just curious what he adds to the story of the photo? With him centered in that very lit area, and knowing your attention to detail, I assume he is intentionally there. Just not sure what he adds to the story.

Jul 28, 2017 at 04:11 PM
benjikan
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Top Model Anais Pouliot for ELLE by Yours Truly

friscoron wrote:
Is that a guy in the background? Just curious what he adds to the story of the photo? With him centered in that very lit area, and knowing your attention to detail, I assume he is intentionally there. Just not sure what he adds to the story.

Totally accidental :-)

Jul 28, 2017 at 04:38 PM
MikeMancil
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Top Model Anais Pouliot for ELLE by Yours Truly

Well done! Not a reader and not into fashion but I like this as a magazine cover. In a different venue I would comment on the blue cast, but with your experience I'm assuming it was on purpose; it does catch the eye. I also like the figure in the background, it adds mystery and content... Mike

Jul 28, 2017 at 06:26 PM
stevez32
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Top Model Anais Pouliot for ELLE by Yours Truly

This is my favorite from you so far

Jul 28, 2017 at 07:15 PM
rw11
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Top Model Anais Pouliot for ELLE by Yours Truly

I like the color contrast as well as the sense of depth you convey

BTW, how are models classified as 'top' or otherwise ?

Jul 28, 2017 at 10:52 PM
benjikan
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Top Model Anais Pouliot for ELLE by Yours Truly

Another sample:

Jul 30, 2017 at 08:08 AM
Brev00
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Top Model Anais Pouliot for ELLE by Yours Truly

I love the blue/red color combo in the first. Red is such a potent color but it seems nicely balanced here with the surrounding blues. Love the pose and the clarity of your subject. Her outfit is presented with pop and prominence as befitting a fashion shot. Also, love the styling of her hair. Might be severe on another model but looks great while revealing her beautiful face. Nice balance of shadows and brights on her face and throughout.

Quibbles: I don't care for the fellow on first and second viewings. Being silhouetted and with a blue fringe, he draws my attention from your model. His proximity to her bothers me--feels like a dark, skulking figure--and he alters the mood in a nourish direction. Too much impact. Clone him and see if you like that more. I know it already published. Just for kicks.

I also think her earrings might be better completely vertical allowing more even spacing from her head and neck.

Sensational overall.

The second pic I like a little less primarily because the red of her lipstick is too prominent for me in this image. Reminds me of a Rolling Stones cover. Her outfit looks tremendous again. You are definitely doing a great job highlighting these outfits. I would buy them even though they might not work so well with me. Red is my color, though. As the image is presented here, there is moire in her white top. Probably an artifact of the website uploading. I also find the blue cast and noise of her stomach to be slightly disconcerting.

I do like her defocused gaze. Wonderfully frame filling. Great colors again (other than her lips--for me). Her vivid lips are probably a classic portrait choice so my feelings may only be mine. As they usually are.

Thanks so much for sharing these! I do think they are both terrific despite my nits.

The video is terrific. The man walking through the image creates a more satisfying effect for me. More decidedly nourish and spooky. Fantastic set of images. Like the variety of outfits and color processing choices.

Jul 30, 2017 at 05:12 PM
rw11
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Top Model Anais Pouliot for ELLE by Yours Truly

maybe you can shoot some very natural looking shots of her with no to minimal makeup on - perhaps not salable in the current fashion mileu now, but we all know things will change (or she may just want to have some for her own use)

Jul 30, 2017 at 07:45 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

BubbaJon
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Top Model Anais Pouliot for ELLE by Yours Truly

benjikan wrote:
Totally accidental :-)

But it does work since it echoes the main figure.

Aug 31, 2017 at 12:39 AM
benjikan
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Top Model Anais Pouliot for ELLE by Yours Truly

rw11 wrote:
maybe you can shoot some very natural looking shots of her with no to minimal makeup on - perhaps not salable in the current fashion mileu now, but we all know things will change (or she may just want to have some for her own use)

The theme for this was "RED"...

Aug 31, 2017 at 12:36 PM
Brev00
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Top Model Anais Pouliot for ELLE by Yours Truly

benjikan wrote:
The theme for this was "RED"...

I think he is saying that he would like it if you somehow took a few less elaborate shots just for your own personal portfolio or hers and could share those. Perhaps as an artist does sketches of a subject as well as full blown paintings. Or maybe as part of a before and after sort of set. I imagine your time is worth a great deal and you may not have even a desire to do this. But the poster can dream. I think just about anyone would like to see more images of her and what you could do unconstrained by the specific criteria of your shoot. That, of course, could lead to an infinite number of shots thus impossible to process or even store.

Sep 01, 2017 at 03:13 PM
benjikan
• • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Top Model Anais Pouliot for ELLE by Yours Truly

Brev00 wrote:
I think he is saying that he would like it if you somehow took a few less elaborate shots just for your own personal portfolio or hers and could share those. Perhaps as an artist does sketches of a subject as well as full blown paintings. Or maybe as part of a before and after sort of set. I imagine your time is worth a great deal and you may not have even a desire to do this. But the poster can dream. I think just about anyone would like to see more images of her and what you could
...Show more

This is NOT a test for a model portfolio. This was a commissioned shoot for ELLE magazine based on the collections that were shown this season and a theme developed as a result of those collections;

Sep 01, 2017 at 07:16 PM
talfulano
• •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Top Model Anais Pouliot for ELLE by Yours Truly

I wonder if she uses one of those lips enlargers. Looks like it. My girlfriend has one and loves it.I would have cropped the last one higher to just below her breasts. Congratulations on having your image featured.

Sep 01, 2017 at 10:39 PM
gordon l
• • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Top Model Anais Pouliot for ELLE by Yours Truly

Wow! Incredible work here and incredible model/clothes/location too. It all shines.

Sep 02, 2017 at 12:49 PM
benjikan
• • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Top Model Anais Pouliot for ELLE by Yours Truly

talfulano wrote:
I wonder if she uses one of those lips enlargers. Looks like it. My girlfriend has one and loves it.I would have cropped the last one higher to just below her breasts. Congratulations on having your image featured.

No...Anais has always been like that.

Sep 04, 2017 at 09:14 PM
anselwannab
• • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Top Model Anais Pouliot for ELLE by Yours Truly

The pics have almost a film feel to them. Where they shot at high-ISO?

Sep 06, 2017 at 04:11 PM
benjikan
• • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Top Model Anais Pouliot for ELLE by Yours Truly

anselwannab wrote:
The pics have almost a film feel to them. Where they shot at high-ISO?

No it was shot at 100iso and added grain in post...

Sep 06, 2017 at 04:14 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password