New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Lost everything on lightroom

racer-ex

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Lost everything on lightroom

First of all I hope this is the place that I'm supposed to air this. My question is I went from lightroom six standalone to CC and have lost everything that I had on my previous lightroom 6 is there something I can do to get home my Photo files back help please...

Jul 27, 2017 at 06:27 PM
Ian.Dobinson
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Lost everything on lightroom

racer-ex wrote:
First of all I hope this is the place that I'm supposed to air this. My question is I went from lightroom six standalone to CC and have lost everything that I had on my previous lightroom 6 is there something I can do to get home my Photo files back help please...

1st of all did you backup your LRCAT file in LR6 ? If so all is not lost

2nd did you import the contents of your LR6 cat file into CC ? Or did CC just start a new catalogue . You can run multiple catalogues so it may be that you haven't moved the 6 cat into CC

Jul 27, 2017 at 07:37 PM
charlyw
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Lost everything on lightroom

racer-ex wrote:

First of all keep calm, even if you did everything wrong up to now you will not have lost anything - because unlike other DAM tools LR does not put your photos into a database but rather only the metadata. Your photos still are in the same place they were before. If you have overwritten your catalog file (despite the warnings that pop up if you try) then you can restore that from your last backup that LR suggests you create every week or so...

Jul 28, 2017 at 10:14 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password