New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Waiting...

Bob Jarman
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Waiting...

A second from the wedding - not meant to be like the water-drop torture

And apologies if I sound a bit 'chippy' - not my intent at all - so please, take no offense should I touch a nerve.

In regard to prior discussions - my purpose is to document the event, not provide wedding portraits per se. And since I'm the father-of-the-bride, others know what to expect.

As an additional goal, I wanted to convey the detailed work on the various gowns/dresses (when does a dress become a gown?).

And by extension, touching on @CamperJim's thread re artistic endeavors versus group norms/expectations, conforming to the aesthetics of the "wedding" community is furthermost in my mind. That is the pro's purpose.

So all that said, comments appreciated...yes, really.

Bob

Jul 26, 2017 at 11:02 AM
ben egbert
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Waiting...

Well said, in 50 years, the pictures we take of our family will be about all that survives from our photography. Shoot it well, tell a story and by all means print it because no other media is likely to survive.

This meets all the above other than print. It does seem just a tad dark however.

Jul 27, 2017 at 11:59 AM
Bob Jarman
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Waiting...

ben egbert wrote:
Well said, in 50 years, the pictures we take of our family will be about all that survives from our photography. Shoot it well, tell a story and by all means print it because no other media is likely to survive.

This meets all the above other than print. It does seem just a tad dark however.

Ben,

Wonderful point re family - I for one never considered the temporal component of photographic imagery.

Thanks for commenting,

Bob

Jul 27, 2017 at 04:59 PM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.