FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

L bracket for 6DII

herion
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · L bracket for 6DII

lighthound wrote:
Thanks for taking the time to gather that info Kent!
I think it's going to be safer to just wait for a custom fit model.

I did see the ProMedia product the other day and almost went that route but those look pretty beefy. I'd like it to be a little slimmer design like my old RRS L plate on my 5DII.

On a happy note, I just got off the phone with Gary at Kirk Enterprises and he told me they have their new design figured out and will be coming off the production line by Sept 22nd. He said they
...Show more

I have an RRS Plate on order, but this Kirk does sound very interesting. They have some pics on their website as well. I'm going to call RRS on Monday and see what the story is. I may cancel my order with them. I've been an RRS user for a long time (had a 70D Kirk plate and didn't like it), but please send me pics when you get it and your impressions as well (heft, sleekness, etc.)

Sep 09, 2017 at 07:19 PM
lighthound
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · L bracket for 6DII

Just got a call yesterday and they have shipped it!

This is one cool L bracket that solves a big problem with flippy screens and makes it a hassle free unit!

Kudo's to Kirk Enterprise for a great product and innovation!

Sep 19, 2017 at 02:57 PM
dennisuye

p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · L bracket for 6DII

Just went to B &H and they have the Kirk L Bracket for 55.00. Must be a misprint but I ordered one

Sep 19, 2017 at 03:39 PM
lighthound
• • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · L bracket for 6DII

You must be a special VIP customer. I just took a look and it's $145.

Sep 19, 2017 at 07:13 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

dennisuye

p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · L bracket for 6DII

heres the link
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1360695-REG/kirk_pz_175_camera_plate_for_canon.html

Sep 19, 2017 at 07:30 PM
lighthound
• • • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · L bracket for 6DII

Becareful, that link calls it a "camera plate" not an L bracket. I think they have the wrong photograph attached to the listing you shared.

THIS is the L bracket listing.

Sep 19, 2017 at 08:01 PM
dennisuye

p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · L bracket for 6DII

Thanks
I'll call them and find out

I think they should still sell me the L-Bracket because its the picture I saw
We'll see

Dennis

Sep 19, 2017 at 08:06 PM
lighthound
• • • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · L bracket for 6DII

herion wrote:
I have an RRS Plate on order, but this Kirk does sound very interesting. They have some pics on their website as well. I'm going to call RRS on Monday and see what the story is. I may cancel my order with them. I've been an RRS user for a long time (had a 70D Kirk plate and didn't like it), but please send me pics when you get it and your impressions as well (heft, sleekness, etc.)

My Kirk L bracket arrived yesterday! I have not put it to use yet but from what I'm seeing there will be no issues with the functionality.
First impression is that it's clearly a Kirk high quality item. The pivot works flawlessly and has a nice smooth yet firm motion. Almost like a well adjusted ballhead even though this simply just rotates. Their machining tolerances are spot on.
The locking screw only needs a slight 1/4 to 1/2 turn to lock or unlock. Just playing with it mounted on my 6DII, I like the 1/4 turn adjustment as I can just leave it like that for most my shooting and the side plate stays in place wherever I want it. Then when I need to use portrait (vert) I then can lock it in with the allen wrench that is clipped to the bottom side.

Fit and function is pretty damn slick IMHO. They did a great job figuring out where the cope it out to allow the flippy screen to rotate.
Before I tightened the bottom 1/4-20 bolt, I adjusted the bracket in and out (left / right) while the side part was rotated forward and making contact with the front rubber section on the camera body. I then rotated the flippy screen and kept adjusting until it just cleared the screen then tightened the 1/4-20 good and snug.
This resulted in the bracket being offset away from the side of the camera very slightly but perfectly pivots while almost touching the rubber part of the body as it rotates.

I might decide to snug it up while rotated forward for everyday use so that I don't screw up and accidentally flip my screen out and scrape it into the side plate. Either that or just make a habit of pushing the side plate forward.

Size wise it's not as slim and sleek as my RRS L bracket on my 5DII, but that is to be expected due to the pivot action on this new design. She's stout and it's not going anywhere, that's for sure.
I wish it were a little less obtrusive but in all honesty, I don't think that's possible due to the pivot design function.
Wanting to keep the L bracket intact and not have a removable side plate that I'd probably loose, this is an absolutely fantastic design and works perfectly. And this will not hinder use of the flippy screen which was a critical feature to me.

And that's all I have to say about that.
I'm not a reviewer so take all my rambling with a grain of salt. Just my first impressions in case it helps anyone.

Sep 22, 2017 at 01:26 PM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password