1       2       3       4      
       end

Windows and malware

Pavel
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #1 · p.5 #1 · Windows and malware

sjms wrote:
you don't need cert classes to be observant.

No ... but I find studying in a formal structure a lot of fun and you get to meet people much smarter than one's-self.

I'll cross post what I wrote as a final note in another thread because it's more pertinent to this topic.

I came upon one of those "aha" moments that may or may not be correct in the end, but should be considered just the same. I had some computer problems that I still feel ware most likely contributable to a botched M$ windows 10 Auto-update - but, as I said elsewhere ......

-----------------

I've been decently careful with my browsing etc, BUT for sure have not adhered to best practices such as anti-virus software or going through a better, beefier firewall, so who's to say that it could not have happened. Malware or a simple ol' fashioned virus and the update was simply a coincidence.

Hmmm. I'd be the poster boy for blithe computing bravado then. I think just yesterday I said that I don't run it, and don't want to put up with the pita aspects of it, nor the costs. Sure I take a more that average degree of care - but that's all of a sudden sounding a bit like "I'm really careful, I only have unprotected sex with that red pigmy goat ONCE in a while".

Sometimes you just get unlucky.

Just a though.

Of course some people run raid five with unregistered memory and ZFS on their NAS - so I feel really bright next to them .. but the epiphany hit me just before the irony.

Aug 20, 2017 at 12:03 AM
sjms
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.5 #2 · p.5 #2 · Windows and malware

you have a good evening now

Aug 20, 2017 at 12:06 AM
       end

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

end