New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

Archive 2017 · Got billed for 6D Mk II, arriving soon

bootster
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Got billed for 6D Mk II, arriving soon

I have just received a notice of a charge for $2000 on a credit card. It looks like I have secured one of the pre-ordered units from B&H. I'm really, really stoked to get this thing in my hands. I don't have a notice from B&H that I've been billed yet, but it's coming soon as I am sure that's what it is.

Jul 25, 2017 at 05:00 PM
Wayne M
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Got billed for 6D Mk II, arriving soon

bootster wrote:
I have just received a notice of a charge for $2000 on a credit card. It looks like I have secured one of the pre-ordered units from B&H. I'm really, really stoked to get this thing in my hands. I don't have a notice from B&H that I've been billed yet, but it's coming soon as I am sure that's what it is.

When did you place your order?

Jul 25, 2017 at 05:05 PM
bootster
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Got billed for 6D Mk II, arriving soon

I placed it on June 29 th. Wow, I've waited longer than I've thought.

Jul 25, 2017 at 05:40 PM
Wayne M
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Got billed for 6D Mk II, arriving soon

You deserve to get one on this round then...you may numero uno!

Jul 25, 2017 at 05:42 PM
bootster
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Got billed for 6D Mk II, arriving soon

Thanks. I've spent my due time defending this camera. I hope it's everything I have expected. I'm actually really psyched to get it. I can't wait!

Jul 25, 2017 at 06:04 PM
RobDickinson
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Got billed for 6D Mk II, arriving soon

Nobody should have to defend a camera

It is what it is.

You either accept that and buy it or scoot on past.

Jul 25, 2017 at 06:08 PM
Wayne M
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Got billed for 6D Mk II, arriving soon

bootster wrote:
Thanks. I've spent my due time defending this camera. I hope it's everything I have expected. I'm actually really psyched to get it. I can't wait!

Don't defend it. It is just a camera....likely going to be a good camera...but at the end of the day it is a thing. Defend something that is truly worthwhile, like your freedom to choose to buy this camera!

Jul 25, 2017 at 07:11 PM
bootster
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Got billed for 6D Mk II, arriving soon

RobDickinson wrote:
Nobody should have to defend a camera

It is what it is.

You either accept that and buy it or scoot on past.

You took my comment out of context. I said that as a tongue in cheek comment to describe the ratio of positive to negative comments about the camera. So literally, I was expressing positives about the camera to counteract the negatives, and it was my personal prerogative to do so, so I chose to do it. No one told me I had to do it, or asked me to, I took it upon myself to do it. I've already been crystal clear from the beginning, without falter, that I am buying the camera without hesitation.

No one has the right to dictate what I do with my comments here either, except Fred, if it's appropriate for him to do so. If I want to "accept it", like I have, it's up to me, and no one else. There are a lot of people who want to "scoot on past". In fact there are more negative comments by far than positive ones, so I am just reiterating some of the reasons that I am all in to buy it. I am very comfortable "defending" my thoroughly thought through purchase, and I may choose to keep on defending it, or not, but I will be the one making that decision.

I don't want to come off as being "short" with you here, I just think your energy would be best served letting me do as I wish about my purchase, and save your directions and dictations for your family members and others you feel are in the position of being told what to do, as I don't fit that description, in the least.

I am completely comfortable discussing the pro's and cons of what the new camera has to offer, and if someone wants to call that "defending it", so be it. Did I mention that I can't wait to get it in my possession?

Jul 25, 2017 at 07:47 PM
bootster
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Got billed for 6D Mk II, arriving soon

Wayne M wrote:
Don't defend it. It is just a camera....likely going to be a good camera...but at the end of the day it is a thing. Defend something that is truly worthwhile, like your freedom to choose to buy this camera!

Thanks for the positive comments. There is way to many post about how "bad" this camera is already. I'm going to make special plans to do some shutter-bugging this weekend, if it gets here by the weekend. Fortunately I live on the water, so I have plenty of close places to explore. I still haven't received any information on shipping dates yet.

Jul 25, 2017 at 07:54 PM
John Power
• • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Got billed for 6D Mk II, arriving soon

Defending your defense. Hmmm. I might need to try that technique the next time I have a client who is clearly guilty but insists on a trial... Anyhow, may the camera produce many fine photos for you.

Jul 25, 2017 at 07:57 PM
Lars Leber
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Got billed for 6D Mk II, arriving soon

Just looked at B&H for my order and it says "In stock, order sent to warehouse".

Originally ordered June 29th, then cancelled in July, then ordered again on July 20th.

Jul 25, 2017 at 07:59 PM
bootster
• •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Got billed for 6D Mk II, arriving soon

Lars Leber wrote:
Just looked at B&H for my order and it says "In stock, order sent to warehouse".

Originally ordered June 29th, then cancelled in July, then ordered again on July 20th.

I'm pretty sure that there are plenty of them available, by design.

In all seriousness, that's what my B&H order says as well. I was going away when the new Surface Pro's came out, and the delivery date promised was farther off than I had hoped, so I told the guy at B&H I was going away and the overnight-ed one to me so I had it for my trip. I guess once you buy enough merchandise from a vendor, they treat you well.

Jul 25, 2017 at 08:12 PM
TeamSpeed
• • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Got billed for 6D Mk II, arriving soon

bootster wrote:
You took my comment out of context. I said that as a tongue in cheek comment to describe the ratio of positive to negative comments about the camera. So literally, I was expressing positives about the camera to counteract the negatives, and it was my personal prerogative to do so, so I chose to do it. No one told me I had to do it, or asked me to, I took it upon myself to do it. I've already been crystal clear from the beginning, without falter, that I am buying the camera without hesitation.

No one has the right to
...Show more

I think you are putting way too much into Rob's comment. I think he meant that a camera isn't worth anyone's time to defend, it is just some man-made object that somebody engineered, either well, poorly, or in a mediocre manner. You should just make your decision to get something or not based on some input, but in the end, based on your needs and desires. That is how I read it...

Jul 25, 2017 at 09:36 PM
EPSI
• •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Got billed for 6D Mk II, arriving soon

My card got charged today, too. B&H shows order as "processing".

Hoping this will be a good second body for my 5D3 - different feature set (e.g. flip screen) is a better fit for me than two identical bodies. Have an upcoming trip where my current lack of a backup body was an issue, so I pre-ordered to maximize the likelihood I'd get this before I go. Looks like it will work out.

Jul 25, 2017 at 10:25 PM
bootster
• •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Got billed for 6D Mk II, arriving soon

TeamSpeed wrote:
I think you are putting way too much into Rob's comment. I think he meant that a camera isn't worth anyone's time to defend, it is just some man-made object that somebody engineered, either well, poorly, or in a mediocre manner. You should just make your decision to get something or not based on some input, but in the end, based on your needs and desires. That is how I read it...

Seeing how he likes your post, there may be some truth to that. I guess we'll never know.

Jul 26, 2017 at 07:52 AM
Bryston3bsst
• •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Got billed for 6D Mk II, arriving soon

I have owned a 6D for a couple of years so at this point I know the camera pretty well. I have always enjoyed the way so many people crap on it for it's shortcomings, primarily the AF system. What has always made it even more humorous to me is the fact that most of the crapping comes from those that don't even own a 6D and are simply regurgitating the drivel seen on the internet.

Interestingly, the AF system on my 6D works incredibly well. I use the camera for any kind of shooting I want and one of those things is wildlife, primarily birds in flight. The camera locks and tracks beautifully and I don't miss much. When I do, its most always the fault of the person holding the camera. I guess I got the only 6D with a great AF system. Imagine that.

The release of the long anticipated 6D II has now has generated more fretting and hand wringing than I could have possibly imagined and I have been watching it closely simply because it is just so entertaining. And, here again, most of the crapping is coming from people that have never even laid hands on a 6D II ! But of course that stops no one from preaching how bad this new model is. There are 90+ pages of dumping on the 6D II on the POTN forum.

Well, I have some news for all of you that are anxiously awaiting your new cameras.

You are going to love it. It will work well and reward your efforts with incredible images that will, undoubtedly, end up hanging on your walls. And if it doesn't, then you, my friend, need to become a better photographer.

My only caveat to you potential new owners....I had a 600D before I got my 6D and I will tell you it did take a little while for the 6D and me to get used to each other. So don't go out your first day and shoot a bunch of pictures and be disappointed. But then again, you guys might not experience this bit of a curve as I did.

Enjoy your new camera. Heck, what am I saying......I know you will.

Edited on Jul 26, 2017 at 12:06 PM · View previous versions

Jul 26, 2017 at 08:37 AM
spicata

p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Got billed for 6D Mk II, arriving soon

A fine respond Sire!

It actually put a smile on my grim face, thx.

And i will surely welcome my new precious, when its arrive here in northern Sweden.

Jul 26, 2017 at 08:46 AM
TeamSpeed
• • • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Got billed for 6D Mk II, arriving soon

Quantifiable raw files don't lie, the files from the 6D2 are inferior for pulling shadows over the 6D. There is no disputing that, no matter how much you want to gloss over. The only issue is whether it matters to each person on how they shoot and process, or not. So the hand-wringing and griping is all warranted for those that care about getting a newer body that performs like the 80D, and 3 rebels, at the low ISO levels.

Jul 26, 2017 at 07:33 PM
bootster
• •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Got billed for 6D Mk II, arriving soon

Bryston3bsst wrote:
I have owned a 6D for a couple of years so at this point I know the camera pretty well. I have always enjoyed the way so many people crap on it for it's shortcomings, primarily the AF system. What has always made it even more humorous to me is the fact that most of the crapping comes from those that don't even own a 6D and are simply regurgitating the drivel seen on the internet.

Interestingly, the AF system on my 6D works incredibly well. I use the camera for any kind of shooting I want and one of those
...Show more

It's entertaining to me that just after you post this, we get a reminder of how bad this camera will be, not having seen, nor held one, and discussing others like Rebels, that are untouched by the poster as well. Better yet, comparing it to ones that probably haven't been touched to boot! The same poster has a list of posts a mile long posting on this one single camera that has never been seen, not touched, yet the bashing of this thing is just a mile long, and you could write a paperback novel on how terrible this awful, useless, waste of time this piece of garbage is/will be.

I will just reiterate my excitement about the arrival of this wonderful new tool I will be the proud owner of in a few short days and I can't wait! Haters gotta hate, I guess.

Jul 26, 2017 at 07:48 PM
mb126
• • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Got billed for 6D Mk II, arriving soon

bootster wrote:
It's entertaining to me that just after you post this, we get a reminder of how bad this camera will be, not having seen, nor held one, and discussing others like Rebels, that are untouched by the poster as well. Better yet, comparing it to ones that probably haven't been touched to boot! The same poster has a list of posts a mile long posting on this one single camera that has never been seen, not touched, yet the bashing of this thing is just a mile long, and you could write a paperback novel on how terrible this awful,
...Show more

This is really unfortunate because for 99% of those wanting a rock solid full frame body the 6D Mark II is going to be awesome. Most of the things that make the 5D4 kick ass with a little less DR and a more friendly flippy screen.

For the serious landscape folks, go buy a used A7r for $800 or a 5DsR. But don't clutter up actual discussion with your stupid DR graphs. We get it, the DR is not as good as it could be.

Like the last umpteen Canon releases (except maybe the 7D2 and Rebels), the 6D2 is going to be more than the sum of its parts.

Jul 26, 2017 at 08:00 PM
       2       3       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.