Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Looking for Northern California Wedding Photo/Video Sept 3rd 2017

dlacrosse

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Looking for Northern California Wedding Photo/Video Sept 3rd 2017

I'm posting this for my amazing fiance who is pretty much losing her mind on trying to find a quality photo/video company for a reasonable price (3k) for September 3rd in North Bay SF area. We are willing to just pay a day rate and take raw files as well. We can't really afford post yet, but would like a couple pics edited for FB and thank you's right now. Would also love someone to include editing photos/video cost for a later date, after the holidays. I hope that price doesn't offend anyone and I understand that quotes we've been getting are much higher. If you're just going to tell me "good luck finding someone at that price", I respectfully ask you not to post. We've seen enough of that already. It's tough paying for your own wedding and we're trying as hard as we can to be respectful of our vendors but still make it a joyful experience for our guests and to be able to capture what will surely be one of the most memorable days of our lives. I thank you in advance for your responses and look forward to seeing your porfolios. Oh, and she (or we) are looking for kind of a mix of photo journalistic and editorial (I read the faq's before posting).
Best,
Devin

Jul 25, 2017 at 04:42 PM
loosetrucks
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Looking for Northern California Wedding Photo/Video Sept 3rd 2017

Just wanted to confirm: are you looking for both photo AND video for 3K?

Jul 25, 2017 at 04:59 PM
dlacrosse

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Looking for Northern California Wedding Photo/Video Sept 3rd 2017

Yes - for both.

Jul 26, 2017 at 06:43 AM
amonline
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Looking for Northern California Wedding Photo/Video Sept 3rd 2017

Your market alone is going to dictate an average low of $4-6k for quality results in both photo & video. I think that's your average minimum you're looking at. Your only alternative is going to be finding inexperienced new shooters in both areas; probably on Facebook in your area... at least, to try to hit your budget.

I'd focus primarily on getting quality results in photography alone, and use that $3k towards it. Don't get stuck on the video part.

Just being honest.

Jul 26, 2017 at 05:02 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.