New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Synch or recognize Android phones to Mac with El Capital OS

redbarn
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Synch or recognize Android phones to Mac with El Capital OS

I've searched online how to get this resolved, but with no positive results. What's interesting, when I first got my Mac about 1yr ago it recognized my S5 Galaxy phone. I just plugged it and I was able to import photos using LR. By the way, I just bought another (new) LG with the latest Android 7.0 OS. I got the same results.

I have done the following:
Installed Android File Mgr (from Android site) Got the message not able to recognize, to restart or unplug.
I don't have Kies or whatever the name of this App is

I dialed *#8008# something like that on the phone - checked the USB is set to transfer media/photos

I sure don't want to got thru the process of taking out the SD card, put into my Mac. It's just too tedious

Any suggestions from anybody please?

Jul 25, 2017 at 01:31 PM
Jeffrey
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Synch or recognize Android phones to Mac with El Capital OS

You have an SD card in your phone?

Jul 25, 2017 at 04:22 PM
mhayes5254
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Synch or recognize Android phones to Mac with El Capital OS

I have never been able to connect my Samsung S6 to my Mac. When plugging in, it appears in the Finder for a few seconds and disappears. I use "Software data cable" software to transfer files.

Jul 25, 2017 at 10:29 PM
redbarn
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Synch or recognize Android phones to Mac with El Capital OS

Thanks for your replies.

But if you notice on my original posting. I said "don't suggest to take the SD card out". I already know that but to be honest it takes too many steps. And that's why I usually synch all my devices with LR.

This is not an issue working with LR. I have been using LR since V.1

mhayes, in spite of your experience. I had better luck being able to synch a couple of non-apple devices to connect to my iMac. However, I think the problem lies with El Capitan.

I'm very surprised that I only got 2 responses. I know that there are a lot of Apple users on this Forum using Android devices. Eventually, I need to upgrade to iPhone period end of the story.

Jul 28, 2017 at 01:07 PM
colinm
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Synch or recognize Android phones to Mac with El Capital OS

There have been some stupid bugs in Android (and in particular manufacturers' system images, cough cough LG and Samsung) regarding DCIM compliance and file management and USB. This should, as you've noted, be a painless process that simply involves plugging in your phone — with an actual USB cable, not the charging-only cable some manufacturers are now shipping — and firing up Lightroom or Image Capture.

You might try the steps listed here to see if they help.

Depending on your workflow, using Google Photos on both your phone and your Mac may be a tolerable workaround for whatever gremlins you're running into.

Jul 28, 2017 at 10:53 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.