New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Photo gallery Wordpress plug-in

bvphotos
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Photo gallery Wordpress plug-in

[I'm not a pro, but this seemed like the right forum to ask the question in.]

Does anyone have experience/opinions on which photo gallery plug-in to use in a Wordpress site? I've tried the free versions of EnviraGallery, Gmedia Gallery, etc. I like some layout formats they have, but not others. Most of them don't have social media sharing capabilities in their free versions.

I'm now considering the possibility of paying for one that will give me the following capabilities:
- ability to create albums within albums
- ability to create different layout styles (regular thumbnails, tiled mosaic, etc.)
- create slide-shows
- rich lightbox capabilities, including social sharing
- and reasonably fast

Thanks.

Jul 25, 2017 at 10:43 AM
markd61
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Photo gallery Wordpress plug-in

I use Core from Themeforest at Envato Marketplace.

IIRC it was $30. It is relatively easy to set up.

I don't use a lot of the features and it omits some you are looking for but they have lots to choose from.
Works great for me but there are a ton of options in other templates that may interest you.

I will PM me a link to my site to see how I set mine up.

Jul 26, 2017 at 11:31 PM
bs kite
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Photo gallery Wordpress plug-in

Thought what I did might help you...though it is not a plugin

I created my own WP blog from scratch. Gradually, I was able to learn how to connect my Smugmug photo gallery (about $10 per month) to the blog. So the viewer can switch back and forth between the two.

If you wish, click the link to see how easily it works. It opens quickly and you immediately see the "Photo Gallery" option.

http://itsaboutnature.net

I need to update the WP blog and get a theme that is much more interactive. I do not like that right sidebar. But you know how it is.....one thing or another all the time.

I am very open to any suggestions/advice anyone has for me too.

Have fun

Robert

Jul 30, 2017 at 10:34 AM
bvphotos
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Photo gallery Wordpress plug-in

Robert, thanks for the link to your site. Very informative for those interested in nature. Have you looked into a way of integrating smugmug into your personal domain so that the photos appear as a page in www.itsaboutnature.net instead of itsaboutnature.smugmug.com? I'm wondering if that's even possible. I was specifically considering zenfolio for that purpose.

Jul 30, 2017 at 04:07 PM
bs kite
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Photo gallery Wordpress plug-in

Don't know really. Kinda like it separated But do need a different WP theme with a functioning side bar.

Jul 30, 2017 at 04:34 PM
Matt Drown
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Photo gallery Wordpress plug-in

Pardon for updating the old thread, but have you looked at NextGenGallery (and optionally the paid versions?) - https://wordpress.org/plugins/nextgen-gallery/

I use it for for the galleries on pages from our travel blog, http://2ontherun.com/

I can't remember if it allows albums within albums, but it does have the ability to create multiple albums in different physical and logical structures. The free one has a number of different viewing options, and some minor CSS tweaks and you can change those.

The paid version includes options for integration into shopping carts, social bits, etc.

Dec 01, 2017 at 12:33 PM
oguruma
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Photo gallery Wordpress plug-in

Matt Drown wrote:
Pardon for updating the old thread, but have you looked at NextGenGallery (and optionally the paid versions?) - https://wordpress.org/plugins/nextgen-gallery/

I use it for for the galleries on pages from our travel blog, http://2ontherun.com/

I can't remember if it allows albums within albums, but it does have the ability to create multiple albums in different physical and logical structures. The free one has a number of different viewing options, and some minor CSS tweaks and you can change those.

The paid version includes options for integration into shopping carts, social bits, etc.

I use Nextgen Pro (Google Photocrati for demos). You CAN use albums within albums, but the terminology is "galleries" and "albums".

A gallery is a collection of images. An album is a collection of galleries.

Dec 01, 2017 at 01:10 PM

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.