New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Comparing the XPro2 to XT1-- speed/buffer etc

CMcG01
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Comparing the XPro2 to XT1-- speed/buffer etc

I'm very happy with my XT1 but since I got the Xpro1 in January, I only use it for the rare times I want better AF/tracking or buffer or specific features (wifi). Its also better for macro but that gives me an excuse to use my canon 1DSiii....

So I'm looking at a Xpro2 and keeping my Xpro1 as a 2nd. Does anybody have an opinion if I'd miss any of the performance of the xt1 using the xpro2?

Jul 25, 2017 at 02:34 PM
liggy
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Comparing the XPro2 to XT1-- speed/buffer etc

X-Pro2 > X-T1 in terms of operational speed. You'll notice a difference. The biggest thing I miss vs. X-T1 is the tilting screen. EVF is also smaller but still very usable.

I haven't tested objectively but subjectively the AF seems much improved on the X-P2 vs. X-T1

Jul 25, 2017 at 03:45 PM
millsart
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Comparing the XPro2 to XT1-- speed/buffer etc

XP2 beats the XT1 in about every way, image quality, ergonomics (love the joystick for AF point and overall feel of the buttons), AF speed etc

XT1 has a tilting LCD though which the XP2 doesn't, and the XT1 doesn't have a larger EVF, though the XP2 EVF is worlds better than the miserable EVF mode on the XP1

I don't think you'd miss anything about the XT1

Jul 25, 2017 at 05:24 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

CMcG01
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Comparing the XPro2 to XT1-- speed/buffer etc

Thanks! That's what I wanted to hear.... now I have to wonder if the XP1 should go instead of the XT1 since I might never want to use it after the xp2?!

Jul 25, 2017 at 07:56 PM
Sr.Cordeiro
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Comparing the XPro2 to XT1-- speed/buffer etc

CMcG01 wrote:
Thanks! That's what I wanted to hear.... now I have to wonder if the XP1 should go instead of the XT1 since I might never want to use it after the xp2?!

It depends on what use you have in mind for a 2nd body. If it's for professional work I would choose the XT1 as a backup body without a doubt. If it's for personal/fun use it's harder to say since it's very subjective. For example, for street work I woud prefer to sell both the X-T1 and X-Pro1 and get a X100T or X100F, a perfect companion for the X-Pro2 + 35mm f/2.

Jul 27, 2017 at 09:20 PM
CMcG01
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Comparing the XPro2 to XT1-- speed/buffer etc

I have an xp2 on the way! Im leaning towards keeping the xt1 since it'll give me the vertical grip with 2 batteries and tilt screen. I'm guessing the xp1 will lose some charm next to the
Xp2.

Fwiw I'm not shooting professionally though I do value reliability and redundancy from years of photography and electronics oddities experience.

Jul 27, 2017 at 10:08 PM

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password