Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2017 · Godox is about to let Aunt Mary's reception photos look as good as yours

eke2k6
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Godox is about to let Aunt Mary's reception photos look as good as yours

Off camera flash with smartphone photos! The end is near!

Behold:

https://petapixel.com/2017/07/22/godox-made-off-camera-flash-transmitter-smartphones/

Jul 22, 2017 at 03:47 PM
formula4speed
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Godox is about to let Aunt Mary's reception photos look as good as yours

So the market is people who don't want to carry a camera but are willing to carry an off camera flash?

Not surprised they are capable of making this, but I don't think it's going to be flying off the shelves.

Jul 22, 2017 at 04:02 PM
Depth of Feel
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Godox is about to let Aunt Mary's reception photos look as good as yours

This is awesome. This will sell hard. Soo many instagramers and craigslist/ebay jockeys will buy this.

Beleive me, dslrs are missing direct upload features. If they had that the market would be revitalised for a minute.

Jul 22, 2017 at 05:09 PM
mikethevilla
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Godox is about to let Aunt Mary's reception photos look as good as yours

I think this is pretty useless looking and I can't for the life of me think of a practical use for it.

I'll be pre-ordering one.

Jul 22, 2017 at 05:11 PM
jmraso
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Godox is about to let Aunt Mary's reception photos look as good as yours

We will know how they work at weddigs when guests bring their own lighting and set it up all around !

Jul 22, 2017 at 05:29 PM
MRomine
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Godox is about to let Aunt Mary's reception photos look as good as yours

jmraso wrote:
We will know how they work at weddigs when guests bring their own lighting and set it up all around !

That could save me money and set up time. If it is like the other Godox gear I should be able to trigger it with my on-board v860X.

Jul 22, 2017 at 05:50 PM
Depth of Feel
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Godox is about to let Aunt Mary's reception photos look as good as yours

This isnt for weddings.

Jul 22, 2017 at 06:17 PM
MRomine
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Godox is about to let Aunt Mary's reception photos look as good as yours

Depth of Feel wrote:
This isnt for weddings.

Wait, says who ?

Jul 22, 2017 at 06:41 PM
Depth of Feel
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Godox is about to let Aunt Mary's reception photos look as good as yours

MRomine wrote:
Wait, says who ?

All the teenage girls in mom jeans getting their fashion photos taken against brick walls with iphones.

Jul 22, 2017 at 10:27 PM
S-Man23
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Godox is about to let Aunt Mary's reception photos look as good as yours

Curious how it handles phone-camera metering with the flash without blowing out the image.

Jul 23, 2017 at 12:20 AM
GumaRodak
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Godox is about to let Aunt Mary's reception photos look as good as yours

well, i dont think the end is near or do you want to compare that phone 3mm lens glass to my 58G ?
physics cannot be avoided

Jul 23, 2017 at 12:53 AM
gnjphotography
• •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Godox is about to let Aunt Mary's reception photos look as good as yours

I see disaster in wondering why your lights are going off. Come to find out the are on the same channel as you and are having you lighting for their photos.

Jul 23, 2017 at 02:11 AM
InSanE
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Godox is about to let Aunt Mary's reception photos look as good as yours

S-Man23 wrote:
Curious how it handles phone-camera metering with the flash without blowing out the image.

Blown out is in!

Jul 23, 2017 at 02:46 AM
glort
• • • •
[X]
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Godox is about to let Aunt Mary's reception photos look as good as yours

gnjphotography wrote:
I see disaster in wondering why your lights are going off. Come to find out the are on the same channel as you and are having you lighting for their photos.

Or do it the other way.
Find out what Channel they are on and keep firing their flashes and send the battery flat or make them think they are malfunctioning and turn them off. Might think they were a waste of money and take them back and never bother with the things again.

Jul 23, 2017 at 11:09 AM
t4haughton
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Godox is about to let Aunt Mary's reception photos look as good as yours

Great. So I can fire 600w/s from my cell phone, but they can't build a decent transmitter?!

Jul 23, 2017 at 03:17 PM
Mark_L
• • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Godox is about to let Aunt Mary's reception photos look as good as yours

t4haughton wrote:
Great. So I can fire 600w/s from my cell phone, but they can't build a decent transmitter?!

Soon our phones probably will be the transmitter

Jul 24, 2017 at 06:53 AM
level1photog
• •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Godox is about to let Aunt Mary's reception photos look as good as yours

So what softbox can I use with this? haha

If I the money, I would like to try this experiment with 3 light setups at the reception with a phone that support raw file. 2 rear and 1 bounce. All manual & raw file. I think the image is probably decent once the post processing has been applied.

Jul 24, 2017 at 12:21 PM
dtolios
• • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Godox is about to let Aunt Mary's reception photos look as good as yours

Not bad at all...at least for me as I already have Neewer / Godox 2.4GHz strobes.
I would not mind at all having 1-2 semi-perma set to bounce the ceiling and the little transmitter tethered to my wife's smartphone who loves snapping my 7mo playing but constantly gets horrid hi-ISO shots out of her phone + motion blur is evident as he won't stay still to save his life...

You cannot put a softbox on the transmitter itself, but I think it is a smart idea that there is a small strobe & constant LED light in it! Still you can have a range of strobes and pretty much any type of modifier used with speedlights and monolights, but the unit has some utility even without them. I am guessing you would need to have the ability for full manual work on the phone's camera for an actual off-camera setup to work.

I would think $60 would be a great price for this unit, $75 passable.

Jul 28, 2017 at 04:21 PM
SloPhoto
• • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Godox is about to let Aunt Mary's reception photos look as good as yours

Where can I send my money.

With the flash levels I currently use I could probably shoot a reception with my iPhone.

Jul 30, 2017 at 06:09 PM
SloPhoto
• • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Godox is about to let Aunt Mary's reception photos look as good as yours

S-Man23 wrote:

There are plenty of apps like Halide that allow for manual settings.

Jul 30, 2017 at 06:10 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.