FM Forum Rules
Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Seagulls

MikeMancil
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Seagulls

Bad reputation aside, these guys are so graceful and can really fly. Thanks for looking... Mike

Chip! CHIP! Get him!

Scrum

Elegance

Jul 22, 2017 at 03:00 PM
BeeBalm
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Seagulls

That first shot is so cool nicely done.
BB

Jul 22, 2017 at 09:16 PM
morris
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Seagulls

First and last for me Mike.

Morris

Jul 23, 2017 at 06:53 AM
MikeMancil
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Seagulls

BeeBalm wrote:
That first shot is so cool nicely done.
BB

---------------------------------------------

morris wrote:
First and last for me Mike.
Morris

BB and Morris: Thank you very much. I saw some young girls on the beach throwing chips for the seagulls to catch. I asked if I could sit next to them and their chip throwing set up the shot perfectly... Mike

Jul 23, 2017 at 06:27 PM
fredster
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Seagulls

#1 does it for me.

Jul 23, 2017 at 10:16 PM
fredster
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Seagulls

#1 does it for me.

Jul 23, 2017 at 10:16 PM
MikeMancil
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Seagulls

fredster wrote:
#1 does it for me.

Thanks, I appreciate the visit... Mike

Jul 24, 2017 at 10:16 AM
bs kite
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Seagulls

Thank you for making good points about these birds. 100% with you brother. They are beautiful!

Perfect images all of them! I really love the first one. The feet....wow! The shadows in the sand, the one on bottom looking up, the depth of field!

I do not respect any "bad" reputation man puts on any species. Man is the most invasive species and is the species that creates conditions that allow these other species to become a problem (to man BTW) to the point where he then labels them as being a problem. Go figure

Honestly, you stepped out with these.

Thank you for the inspiration to post more images of the gull species.

Robert

Jul 24, 2017 at 10:58 AM
MikeMancil
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Seagulls

bs kite wrote:
Thank you for making good points about these birds. 100% with you brother. They are beautiful!
Perfect images all of them! I really love the first one. The feet....wow! The shadows in the sand, the one on bottom looking up, the depth of field!
I do not respect any "bad" reputation man puts on any species. Man is the most invasive species and is the species that creates conditions that allow these other species to become a problem (to man BTW) to the point where he then labels them as being a problem. Go figure
Honestly, you stepped
...Show more

Robert: Thanks! Perhaps gulls attract strong love/hate emotions because they share so many attributes with us, they're opportunistic, they're loud, they hang around in large groups and love to squabble, they're vain but can be so elegant, and they love to fly. Me, I like the flying part .

The 3 original posts are from the Gulf of Mexico but here's one from Pebble Beach. I threw out a treat and the gull in the rear grabbed it up. Rather than fighting over it, the one in front immediately turned to me and, I think the expression is priceless, it's look said, "Where's mine?" Of course I had to give him one too.... Mike

Jul 24, 2017 at 12:20 PM
Ted ellis
• • • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Seagulls

Excellent 1st capture Mike.

Jul 24, 2017 at 02:05 PM
MikeMancil
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Seagulls

Ted ellis wrote:
Excellent 1st capture Mike.

Ted: Thank you... Mike

Jul 25, 2017 at 12:16 PM
birdied
• • • • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Seagulls

Nice shots Mike . They are lots of fun to watch and photograph. Love the last you posted , what a look.

Birdie

Jul 25, 2017 at 12:46 PM
MikeMancil
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Seagulls

birdied wrote:
Nice shots Mike . They are lots of fun to watch and photograph. Love the last you posted , what a look.
Birdie

Birdie: Thanks, Seagull watching is certainly right up there at #2 on the most watched list at the beach ... Mike

Jul 27, 2017 at 08:39 AM
Bsmooth
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Seagulls

Really like the elegance one myself, but I do hear quite a bit about seagulls will basically eat anything. If I ever have any old bread it usually goes out in the street, and most of the time its seagulls . Luckily the street isn't very busy at all.
At the same time though If I put anything out in the yard for the smaller birds, they can sometime eat that as well.
There not exactly the smartest birds, they will literally try and eat anything, especially cigarette butts and filters, but seen them carrying toilet paper and towels as well as plastic bags. they will also try and eat the pull rings from cans too, probably being shiny.
We recently had one downtown and it had a broken wing and people were following it around trying to help it and feed it, eventually the animal control officer got it and hopefully helped it.
Your gulls are so much different than the ones here in New England, but then again theres so many different types.

Jul 27, 2017 at 11:43 AM
MikeMancil
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Seagulls

Bsmooth wrote:
Really like the elegance one myself, but I do hear quite a bit about seagulls will basically eat anything. If I ever have any old bread it usually goes out in the street, and most of the time its seagulls . Luckily the street isn't very busy at all.
At the same time though If I put anything out in the yard for the smaller birds, they can sometime eat that as well.
There not exactly the smartest birds, they will literally try and eat anything, especially cigarette butts and filters, but seen them carrying toilet paper and towels as well
...Show more

Yeah, I don't think many make it to Jonathan Livingston Seagull status but their flying is so effortless it's mesmerizing to watch.

I don't know how many sub-species are at the Gulf of Mexico but here are a few more I've collected (to justify my fascination) ... Mike

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Food Fight!!

Dinner for Two

Crusin'

I Feel the Need for Speed

Photobombed!

Jul 27, 2017 at 08:00 PM

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.