New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Trip Location Advice & Meet-ups | Join Upload & Sell

Picos de Europe vs. Pyrenees

nampramos
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Picos de Europe vs. Pyrenees

My dad and I want to take 7-10 days hiking trip on late August. We were thinking the French Alps but flights to Geneve are quite expensive at the moment.

Picos de Europa are closer to us (Portugal) but getting to the Pyrenees by car won't be too much of an hassle either.

We never visited either of them so would really appreciate your opinions and suggestions.

After hiking Lofoten 3 times and Iceland 2 times, my expectations aren't very high but I'd love to be surprised.

I will of course be taking lots of photos

Thanks in advance!

Jul 21, 2017 at 09:08 PM
nampramos
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Picos de Europe vs. Pyrenees

No one? :/

Jul 23, 2017 at 06:10 PM
eltano
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Picos de Europe vs. Pyrenees

You can fly to Barcelona, rent a car and travel to the Pyrenees, visit Andorra, hike all you want all over and while in Andorra get surprise shopping over there, no tax. From there you can travel to Picos de Europa, which is located in the Basque Country almost all the way to A Corunia, you will love that trip as well.

My .002 cents and have a great trip.

Eltano

Aug 01, 2017 at 02:39 PM
MikeShurugan

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Picos de Europe vs. Pyrenees

I would also go for Barcelona, we once made a trip from South of France to Barcelona, all the small coast towns and ended in Malaga. We hiked in Barcelona as well, climbed Montserrat mountain, was incredible. We really liked our accomodation, the hotels were full (it was Easter holiday) and we figured to find apartment in Barcelona, not too far from the center and Rambla, was great location and a quiet cozy place in an old colonial building.
I think it's a good idea to start from Barcelona for you, and the flights to Spain are usually cheaper than to France or Switzerland.

Aug 04, 2017 at 06:55 AM

FM Forums | Trip Location Advice & Meet-ups | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password