Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

fredmiranda how safe is it to buy or sell?

patonima

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · fredmiranda how safe is it to buy or sell?

Hey guys,
I'm new to fredmiranda's forum. I'd like to sell/buy but I'm wondering how things work and how safe it can be. It doesn't seem as easy as selling on e-bay but fees are lower and the community is big. I read people saying it's safer than e-bay though... I'm wondering how?

I'd like to buy a Sony A7RII. To do so I need to sell my Nikon D750+Sony a6000+lenses.
My understanding is, to advertise my items, I would just need to pay a flat fee and then post the items to sell right? The posts seems to get lost in an ocean of other posts... I guess you can filter them to make it a bit clearer...
Let's say someone is interested, how do you make sure to get the money? Just by giving your e-mail through Paypal? Do you have to pay the 3% fee or is it only after 10 payments? Do you always ship your expensive gear with insurance? through USPS? What would be the most reliable carrier company you've used for expensive photo gear?
If I'm the one buying, I guess I should only pay through Paypal... If the seller never ships the item, does Paypal have a reimbursement program to be able to buy gear peace in mind? A Sony a7RII is a costly investment, I prefer to be safe than sorry.

If you have any experience to share, tips so I can enter this community to start buying and selling stuffs, I'll be happy to hear your thoughts
Thanks

Jul 21, 2017 at 03:09 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · fredmiranda how safe is it to buy or sell?

You registered 3 years ago. Check the Forum&Misc Thread. You MUST be diligent in your B&S.
Good luck!
Dan

Jul 22, 2017 at 12:48 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · fredmiranda how safe is it to buy or sell?

patonima wrote:
...I read people saying it's safer than e-bay though... I'm wondering how?

I don't think it's any safer than eBay. I think B&S on FM is just as safe as anywhere else that you use PayPal for an item. You're not safe anywhere if you use Paypal gift, unless you trust the person at the other end.

One advantage that FM offers is (for transactions between trusted members), you can still pay by cheque or eTransfer, or whatever you agree to use. OTOH, if that trust is misplaced, then you're SOL (without PayPal or a CC company to back you up).

Jul 22, 2017 at 02:29 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

DanBrown
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · fredmiranda how safe is it to buy or sell?

+1

Jul 22, 2017 at 09:08 PM
ragsn_old_iron
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · fredmiranda how safe is it to buy or sell?

I am using FM a little less than I used to, however when I am checking in on Buy & Sell it appears as though I have been regularly clicking and checking on listings given that posts are a highlight/yellow colour even though I know they are not listings I personally have viewed. Changed passwords, reset browser history, waited a few days, same thing is happening. Should I be concerned that someone is using my account?

Jul 25, 2017 at 11:06 PM
Andrew J
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · fredmiranda how safe is it to buy or sell?

I got screwed out of $105 by user Acamera. Never responded to my thread so I can't even give bad feedback.

Jul 29, 2017 at 02:35 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password