Your comments and critiques welcome.

Steve

Watching and Waiting

Jul 20, 2017 at 08:05 PM
KCook0
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Watching and Waiting

I would crop a little bit off the left, and a lot off the bottom.

snipsnip

Jul 21, 2017 at 01:14 AM
eeneryma
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Watching and Waiting

KCook0 wrote:
I would crop a little bit off the left, and a lot off the bottom.

snipsnip

Hey Kelly, always appreciate your suggestions. I was playing with the cropping when I processed this and tried a few variations. I'll play with it tonight. I might need to clone some more sky if I crop it differently.

Steve

Jul 21, 2017 at 07:25 AM
Kevin T
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Watching and Waiting

Tough pic for me to critique. Not a lot going on out there and the light is pretty harsh. I like the collection of craft and riders all vying for the resource that is not there!

Some insight to this pic for non surfers. The two people closer in are on shorter boards so for their equipment to work they need to be closer to where the wave breaks. You can tell they are on shortboards because the nose is sticking up out of the water and the other board is underwater because of the reduced volume. Person on right is on a longer board so they can get into the wave a little earlier hence their position a bit deeper than the two shortboarders. Then there is Mr. Stand Up Paddle Board or SUP. All that volume in their craft is reason they can sit so deep and take the wave before it really becomes catch-able for the others. There is the potential for the SUP to take all the good waves and piss everybody off by not sharing. I have big issues with these guys! Anyway just thought I would add some color commentary.

Jul 21, 2017 at 03:31 PM
eeneryma
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Watching and Waiting

Kevin T wrote:
Tough pic for me to critique. Not a lot going on out there and the light is pretty harsh. I like the collection of craft and riders all vying for the resource that is not there!

Some insight to this pic for non surfers. The two people closer in are on shorter boards so for their equipment to work they need to be closer to where the wave breaks. You can tell they are on shortboards because the nose is sticking up out of the water and the other board is underwater because of the reduced volume. Person on
...Show more

I have a feeling you've spent a lot of time surfing the waves. Much interesting information.

Steve

Jul 21, 2017 at 09:30 PM
beanpkk
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Watching and Waiting

Kevin -- thanks! I have never surfed and did not understand the subtlety of the OP image.

keith

Jul 22, 2017 at 01:08 PM
Kevin T
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Watching and Waiting

beanpkk wrote:
Kevin -- thanks! I have never surfed and did not understand the subtlety of the OP image.

keith

Yeah you guys are totally welcome. These are the nuances that the gen pop wont be able to see that matter to the participants a lot.

Jul 22, 2017 at 10:00 PM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.