Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2017 · Forget suits, how about pants?

tonyhart
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Forget suits, how about pants?

Spokes. Either Heroes for regular wear, Bulletproofs for when the weather is crappy or, if it's hot, Summerweights, though they only sell these at certain times of year. That said, photography is tough on trousers. But I love these. They last a year or more of continual hard use, more if I have a few pairs in the wardrobe that I can cycle through.

https://spoke-london.com/collections/trousers

Jul 24, 2017 at 08:22 AM
BSPhotog
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Forget suits, how about pants?

Tony Hoffer wrote:
I have two great options for you...

Eddie Bauer Horizon Pants
http://www.eddiebauer.com/product/mens-horizon-guide-chino-pants/10307889?showProducts=222&color=225&sizetype=&size=

Lululemon ABC or Commission Pants are great too... Have tried them on, but haven't bought yet since my Eddie Bauers hold up so well.
http://shop.lululemon.com/c/men-pants/_/N-88b?mnid=mn;en-US;men;bottoms;pants

I have 4 pair of the Eddie Bauer pants. It's all I've worn for 2+ years. They're light, stretchy, don't stain and dry super fast. The other day I was up to my thighs in the ocean... By the time cocktail hour started they were dry.

I ordered a pair of the Horizon Guide pants and test drove them yesterday at a wedding. Holy hell, it was like I wasn't even wearing pants (in a good way). They are light, they flex, and they are totally inconspicuous. Game changer. I also picked up a pair of their Flex Sport Chino pants which look promising as well. Thanks all for the recommendations!

Jul 30, 2017 at 05:31 PM
LeeSimms
• • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Forget suits, how about pants?

Are these machine-washed and tumble-dry pants?

Jul 30, 2017 at 05:50 PM
Tony Hoffer
• • • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Forget suits, how about pants?

BSPhotog wrote:
I ordered a pair of the Horizon Guide pants and test drove them yesterday at a wedding. Holy hell, it was like I wasn't even wearing pants (in a good way). They are light, they flex, and they are totally inconspicuous. Game changer. I also picked up a pair of their Flex Sport Chino pants which look promising as well. Thanks all for the recommendations!

And this is why I have 5 pair of them.

Jul 30, 2017 at 06:07 PM
Tony Hoffer
• • • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Forget suits, how about pants?

LeeSimms wrote:
Are these machine-washed and tumble-dry pants?

The Eddie Bauer and Lululemon pants can both be machine washed and dried.

Jul 30, 2017 at 06:08 PM
mikethevilla
• • • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Forget suits, how about pants?

Lululemon for the freaking win.

They stretch a whole lot further than I do and look nice. Good, modern fit and lots of colors.

Jul 30, 2017 at 08:34 PM
BSPhotog
• • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Forget suits, how about pants?

Tony Hoffer wrote:
And this is why I have 5 pair of them.

And the lifetime watranty? Can't beat that.

Jul 30, 2017 at 09:12 PM
FrancisK7
• • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Forget suits, how about pants?

I ordered both Eddie and Lulu pants and will keep the winner of the Game of Pants.

I've yet find something that looks good and is comfortable, especially in humid 36C/97F weather. I have a really upscale wedding coming in a month and need an upgraded look.

We'll see what fits best on this daddy bod.

Jul 31, 2017 at 12:05 PM
Tony Hoffer
• • • • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Forget suits, how about pants?

In case anyone cares, I just got a flyer in the mail... Eddie Bauer is having a 40% off your entire order sale from 8/4-8/7. If you order online, the coupon code is Stine.

Jul 31, 2017 at 01:21 PM
rw11
• • • •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · Forget suits, how about pants?

Swiss guard pants from the Vatican

Jul 31, 2017 at 02:05 PM
Sodonn
• •
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · Forget suits, how about pants?

Holy crap these Eddie Bauer pants are the sh*t! Soo damn comfortable! Thanks Tony! !

Aug 02, 2017 at 08:55 AM
FrancisK7
• • •
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · Forget suits, how about pants?

My Lulu ABC pants arrived today.

$138CAD is an outrageous price for such comfortable pants that are light and leave plenty of wiggle room for the boys whilst looking like dress pants.

I ordered two more.

Aug 02, 2017 at 12:08 PM
LeeSimms
• • • •
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · Forget suits, how about pants?

It's the little things.

Aug 02, 2017 at 12:09 PM
FrancisK7
• • •
p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · Forget suits, how about pants?

So expensive! :-/ But I guess you get what you pay for! In Canada the Lulu warehouse is in Montreal so I got the pants very quickly. Shipped yesterday delivered this morning.

The Eddie Bauer Horizon Chino pants were nearly half price with the 30% discount, so we'll see how they compare. Getting those on Friday.

It's surprising how good the pants look really.

Aug 02, 2017 at 12:17 PM
Sodonn
• •
p.2 #15 · p.2 #15 · Forget suits, how about pants?

FrancisK7 wrote:
So expensive! :-/ But I guess you get what you pay for! In Canada the Lulu warehouse is in Montreal so I got the pants very quickly. Shipped yesterday delivered this morning.

The Eddie Bauer Horizon Chino pants were nearly half price with the 30% discount, so we'll see how they compare. Getting those on Friday.

It's surprising how good the pants look really.

I too ordered a pair of Lulu's which haven't arrived yet. I am not liking what the most recent reviews are saying concerning not holding up to washing even with following instructions....but we'll see I guess.

Aug 03, 2017 at 08:50 AM
FrancisK7
• • •
p.2 #16 · p.2 #16 · Forget suits, how about pants?

I got my Horizon pants today and the Lulu pants definitely look better and are more comfortable, at least on me. For the same size the fit is also better with the Lulu.

It's a shame about the recent reviews, I worry about the longevity too.

Aug 03, 2017 at 12:08 PM
mikethevilla
• • • •
p.2 #17 · p.2 #17 · Forget suits, how about pants?

FrancisK7 wrote:
I got my Horizon pants today and the Lulu pants definitely look better and are more comfortable, at least on me. For the same size the fit is also better with the Lulu.

It's a shame about the recent reviews, I worry about the longevity too.

I've had 3 pairs of the Lulus for about 2 years now. I wear each pair a couple times a week (not just weddings) and do very regular washing - not really any special treatment. THey're definitely a bit more faded than they originally were, but not any more so than any other clothing I own.

I wouldn't call them "long lasting", but I don't think they've worn any quicker than any other typical clothes.

Aug 05, 2017 at 02:42 PM
JRobertson
• • •
p.2 #18 · p.2 #18 · Forget suits, how about pants?

I'm a HUGE fan of Under Armor's business casual line. The pants I've been using currently are light, they breathe very well, and the pockets are perfect. Normally I'll toss my v1 in my back left pocket, phone in front left, and a 35mm in my back right without issue.

Nov 17, 2021 at 02:21 PM
MazeRunner
• • •
p.2 #19 · p.2 #19 · Forget suits, how about pants?

I've been sticking with the Express Extra Slim Performance Stretch wool dress pants. They last about 2 years before the knee area starts showing some wear (I do squat + get on my knees for a lot of shots). I think they look pretty good for my build (30" waist, it'll hug your butt but you can still bend easily because it stretches).

But going to definitely try some of the recommendations here.

Nov 22, 2021 at 12:35 AM
       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.