FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · I did a thing...(7)

aFeinberg
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · I did a thing...(7)

For those that might follow me on the socials know that I recently added a P4P to my bag. Was a long time coming and excited for the possibilities. Still getting the hang of it but in my first couple of flights I was able to get some interesting captures already. Definitely a learning curve and look forward to more. (yes I will be testing for my part 109 in about a month).

Much thanks all!

aF

p.s. also realized that ive never really put more than 2-3 images in a post...so here's 7! :P

Jul 20, 2017 at 02:57 PM
Matt Tilghman
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · I did a thing...(7)

Great shots, Aaron, some greater than others. I love #2, it steals the show for me.

I'm left with a sinking sense that I should probably be getting into the drones if I want to keep up with the evolution of photography... the only problem is I just don't want to haha

Jul 20, 2017 at 03:00 PM
aFeinberg
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · I did a thing...(7)

No need to get in to it if youre not drawn to it. Plenty of things to shoot. My mind just started racing with all these comps from above so was only a matter of time. Thanks for the time!

aF

Jul 20, 2017 at 03:39 PM
Timmeh
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · I did a thing...(7)

I agree south Matt. #2 is the stand out, and #5 showcases good creative use of the drone.

I must say that the drone noise is kind of annoying. I was out I the Alabama Hills this morning, and the sunrise was quiet and rejuvenating until someone about a mile away decided to fill the nature-y goodness with buzzing noise. They can give compelling results, but the noise issue makes them a no go for me.

Tim

(I don't want to hijack your thread with a drone debate, so let me know if you'd like me to remove the second paragraph).

Jul 20, 2017 at 05:01 PM
lostinjapan
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · I did a thing...(7)

Love the second one. I have been looking at getting a P4P for a while now, I just am worried about it flying off into the sunset one day! If I may ask how do you like the drone and have you experienced any problems with it?

Thanks!

Ryan

Jul 20, 2017 at 05:15 PM
aFeinberg
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · I did a thing...(7)

@tim - totally hear you on that point. im trying to be sensitive to the height and location im flying at and being 'quick' in areas that might have people hanging out.

@ryan - always a worry every time i lift off. if ill ever see it again. trying to research as much as i can online to see how/why people have those happen so i can try and avoid. 4 flights so far and no problems.

thanks all!

Jul 22, 2017 at 05:22 AM
Fred Miranda
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · I did a thing...(7)

Great series aF!
I'm curious about new possibilities and appreciate your post. Composition is great in all images but I really like the lighting on the #2.

Are you shooting many images for a pano in post? What is the effective focal length? I am still trying to decide between P4 vs Mavic.

Jul 22, 2017 at 09:44 AM
lostinjapan
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · I did a thing...(7)

aFeinberg wrote:
@ryan@ - always a worry every time i lift off. if ill ever see it again. trying to research as much as i can online to see how/why people have those happen so i can try and avoid. 4 flights so far and no problems.

thanks all!

Thanks for the reply. I almost bought one again today, but I keep worrying about the fly away. I will keep thinking a little longer.

Thanks again.

Ryan

Jul 22, 2017 at 05:24 PM
triggermike
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · I did a thing...(7)

Been getting into this a little as well - still practicing! All are nice and I think #5 really shows a perspective that cannot be achieved without a drone and thus is my favorite here.

Jul 23, 2017 at 10:20 AM
tmiller9
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · I did a thing...(7)

Aaron;

Always enjoy your work - and now you add another dimension! I too like #2 the best.

Todd

Jul 23, 2017 at 03:19 PM
fredster
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · I did a thing...(7)

Nice images!

Jul 23, 2017 at 11:44 PM
aFeinberg
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · I did a thing...(7)

@fred miranda - for the panos it is all over the place. i dont like longer than 1:3 so that is always my consideration. i will generally try and shoot more than 3 images as the resolution is ok but not nearly what i am used to so trying to get extra data in there. some of the bigger ones are 2 rows of 6 or 7 images. luckily dji enables bracketing which comes in very handy. if youre gonna print anything at a reasonable size i would suggest the phantom. though if size/hiking is an issue get the mavic. you can download raw/dng files from their site too

thanks again all. some more coming soon!

aF

Jul 25, 2017 at 07:17 AM
ScaryFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · I did a thing...(7)

Great work, all of them!

Aug 09, 2017 at 03:05 PM
-rce-
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · I did a thing...(7)

#7 for me Aaron.

Piece of advise, Don't fly your drone into a Live Oak tree.

Aug 12, 2017 at 07:40 AM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.