Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Poll: purchasing 6DII?

p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Poll: purchasing 6DII?

As soon as 6DII specs and IQ qualities are clear and considered and if you are/were interested in 6DII, what is your decision afterwards?

If you haven’t ever had any intention of purchasing 6DII, please refrain taking the poll.

Could please leave comments what camera are you upgrading from?

6DII specifications
DR and ISO invariance tests on DPR

Jul 20, 2017 at 06:26 AM
Sy Sez
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Poll: purchasing 6DII?

I have a 7D2, & 6D, and had hoped the 5D4 would be a 36MP, competing, body.

That not being the case, I had hoped that the 6D2's "Rez" would be 28MP.

I use my 6D primarily for Landscapes, & "still" shots, for which I generally Manual Focus in Live-View; and I don't currently do Video; so, for me the 6D2 doesn't offer anything over the 6D that would warrant the expense of "upgrading".

Jul 20, 2017 at 08:28 AM

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Poll: purchasing 6DII?

Sy Sez wrote:
I use my 6D primarily for Landscapes, & "still" shots, for which I generally Manual Focus in Live-View; and I don't currently do Video; so, for me the 6D2 doesn't offer anything over the 6D that would warrant the expense of "upgrading".

Thanks for your feedback. Personally I'm in the very same boat.

Jul 20, 2017 at 09:46 AM
riokid
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Poll: purchasing 6DII?

I do not see a choice for: Not buying because I have a 5D4, 5Ds, 5DsR, 1DX2 . . .

Jul 20, 2017 at 10:09 AM
Mashuto
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Poll: purchasing 6DII?

I think Im going to skip this one. As a current 6D owner who shoots primarily landscapes, the features I would be most interested in are the tilty flippy screen, the extra 6 MP (though only barely), but also the f/8 focusing so I could get a teleconverter for my 100-400II. But without any significant IQ (or DR) improvements, the asking price is too much. I may wait until they are cheaper, but by then it may just be better to keep waiting until something better comes along.

Jul 20, 2017 at 10:15 AM
rstoddard11
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Poll: purchasing 6DII?

As far as resolution goes, right now I am looking at a 24x36 canvas across the room I took with a 6D mark I and an old 28-135 lens which gets ripped for having crap resolution. To my eye, its about the same size as my laptop screen.

At this distance say I was holding an 11x16 print at arms length.

Even printing at 300 DPI, which my eyes probably can't discern, this would mean I can see 15.8 MP in front of my face and in reality can probably see less.

I am not sure why everyone is concerned with the resolution of the sensor. I would rather have better AF system, color depth, DR etc. than wish for more megapixels.

Jul 20, 2017 at 10:23 AM
jboyer

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Poll: purchasing 6DII?

I had the 6D for three years. I stopped doing macro shots because I have much trouble with my 'flexibility' -- the 6DII with the new touch screen is a game changer for me and worth the upgrade:

For some, pixel peeping and pushing badly exposed pictures is an art form.

For me, ease of use and overall good IQ and features are important. I missed the macro world and getting back to it will be a great joy.

Jul 20, 2017 at 10:42 AM
sungphoto
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Poll: purchasing 6DII?

I had one on backorder, but decided to stick with a dual 5d4 setup (I use the 5d4 as my main mule, and was thinking I'd get the 6d2 as a backup).

I've just gotten so comfortable with the button placement, and that new little thumb button that I'd be concerned with switching back and forth in the heat of the moment and missing a shot.

I might pick up a 6d2 as just a personal fun body at some point once the used prices go down around $1500 or less.

Jul 20, 2017 at 10:46 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.