Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · X-T1 and HSS flash options?

photoelectric
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · X-T1 and HSS flash options?

Has anyone here been keeping tabs on which flashes work in HSS (or even TTL HHS) mode with the good old X-T1?

I know that Nissin i40 works in manual "unofficial" HSS (non-TTL) mode with X-T1, but I'm not sure if the latest firmware update for the flash (courtesy of Nissin) as well as the latest firmware for X-T1 preserve HSS option.

Any other flashes or triggers that would work with X-T1 specifically, with manual HSS or TTL HHS options? I'm not clear about the new Godox/Flashpoint models.

Jul 20, 2017 at 02:00 AM
charles.K
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · X-T1 and HSS flash options?

The RoboShoot system is excellent with all Nikon flashes, both TTL and HSS.

Jul 20, 2017 at 04:48 AM
esanchez
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · X-T1 and HSS flash options?

The X-T1 does NOT work with the new Godox HSS upgrade. Shutter speed stays stuck at 1/180. I have an X-T1 and X-T2. It works wonderful on the X-T2 but not so much on the X-T1 which is a shame. I wish the X-T1 could have taken advantage of the HSS/TLL with Godox.

Jul 20, 2017 at 08:03 AM
photoelectric
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · X-T1 and HSS flash options?

Thank you!

What about Nissin's Air 1 Commander / i60a / i700a?

Jul 20, 2017 at 09:50 AM
Twistedimg
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · X-T1 and HSS flash options?

esanchez wrote:
The X-T1 does NOT work with the new Godox HSS upgrade. Shutter speed stays stuck at 1/180. I have an X-T1 and X-T2. It works wonderful on the X-T2 but not so much on the X-T1 which is a shame. I wish the X-T1 could have taken advantage of the HSS/TLL with Godox.

I just picked up a Godox TT350 or whatever it's called and HSS and TTL works fine on my X-T1. Been shooting at 1/4000 without issue. I'm getting ready to order a AD600 as well due to those results.

Jul 20, 2017 at 04:01 PM
photoelectric
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · X-T1 and HSS flash options?

Twistedimg wrote:
I just picked up a Godox TT350 or whatever it's called and HSS and TTL works fine on my X-T1. Been shooting at 1/4000 without issue. I'm getting ready to order a AD600 as well due to those results.

Oh that's interesting! So the TT350F works on-camera in TTL and HSS TTL with X-T1? Have you tried the X1T-F wireless transmitter?

Jul 20, 2017 at 04:08 PM
Elisha82
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · X-T1 and HSS flash options?

Wasn't there a fw update that enabled HSS on the XT-1?
Probably around the release of the Fujifilm flash last year.

Jul 20, 2017 at 05:00 PM
esanchez
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · X-T1 and HSS flash options?

Really? Because I upgraded my X-T1 to the latest firmware thinking that was the problem and HSS will not work. I must be doing something wrong then. I will double check everything again tonight.

Twistedimg wrote:

Jul 20, 2017 at 05:43 PM
FIGTREES
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · X-T1 and HSS flash options?

You have to add firmware 5.20 for the XT-1 body. That firmware adds an additional menu item "Flash Function Settings" under menu selection #4. That shows "Sync Terminal" without a powered flash. With a powered on TT350 flash it changes to "Shoe Mount Flash" TTL menu with a "FP" option. Once you select the FP option under "Sync" the XT-1 now works in HSS, TTL and manual up to 1/4000th SS

Joel

Jul 21, 2017 at 08:48 AM
echelonphoto
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · X-T1 and HSS flash options?

Yup...just got the 350tt and upgraded my firmware on my ad360II...works great now in hss, ttl, etc

Aug 07, 2017 at 03:16 PM

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.