FM Forum Rules
Macro World Resource

FM Forums | Macro & Still Life | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Dusonia falcator

e6filmuser
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Dusonia falcator

This wasp has a similar colour scheme to that of Amblyteles armoratus but lacks the yellow tip to the abdomen. Both occur in my garden and both are hyperparasites of Lepidoptera. As is typical of the two species, it was working its way down amongst the foliage of plants, in search of hosts.

EM_1 Kiron 105mm , twin TTL flash, hand-held.

It was photographed in September 2015 but the image was in with images of the other species. The image has been cropped considerably. The image could be sharper but it is the only one I have.

Harold

Edited on Jul 20, 2017 at 01:21 AM · View previous versions

Jul 20, 2017 at 12:44 AM
e6filmuser
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Dusonia falcator

I have checked images previously posted as Amblyteles and found this 2012 image.

One of these was inside my conservatory in June 2012, where it spent some time on the window, or its plastic frame, thus defining the focal plane. As this activity was all above door-top level I was balancing on a bar stool throughout.

I used my Olympus EP-2 and a Carl Zeiss Jenazoom 35-70mm with a 13mm ring behind it and (apart from the first shot) a Marumi DHG Achromat +3 in front.

I have reprocessed the image slightly from the posted JPEG.

Harold

Jul 20, 2017 at 01:17 AM

FM Forums | Macro & Still Life | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.