New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Godox v860ii or yongnuo 600ex-rt

dalephill2
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Godox v860ii or yongnuo 600ex-rt

Flash question,
I have 2 canon 600ex-rt's, and a yn-e3-rt trigger, I also have 4 yn622c triggers with the yn622tx master, I sometimes use these for firing my alienbee along with my 600's for added fill etc, so my question begins, I'm trying to get away from hauling my alienbee around and the different triggers, so to get a faster recycle time out of my speedlights I want to have 4 mounted on a stand and set to 1/8th power to math the full power of 1 flash, as I was saying I have 2 600ex-rt would I be better off getting two yongnuo 600ex-rt's or going to a different strobe, thanks

Jul 19, 2017 at 10:18 PM
ShotByTom
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Godox v860ii or yongnuo 600ex-rt

Wow, there's a whole lot going on there. 4 speedlights is a lot to work with. When I used YongNuo 622's, I had some inconsistent firing, not bad, but occasionally they would not fire all of the lights.

I would really encourage you to have a look at the Adorama version of the Godox system of lights and triggers. This is my favorite system now. We have theses:

Speedlight: https://www.adorama.com/fplfsmzl2ca.html $199

200: https://www.adorama.com/fplfev200.html $329

360: https://www.adorama.com/fplfsl360c.html $499

600: https://www.adorama.com/fplfx600tb.html $749

All of theses have built in receivers and are TTL, HSS, and awesome! The R2 triggers work incredibly well with all three at the same time.

2 Canon and 2 YN speedlights would be over $1,000. You could get two of the above lights for the same price and be on one wireless system. I also have an R2 receiver that I use on our Paul Buff lights on the rare occasion that we actually use them.

I can't say enough about these lights, they are awesome!

BTW...if you decide to go with YN...I have a few speedlights and triggers I could give you a good deal on!

Jul 20, 2017 at 06:00 AM
dalephill2
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Godox v860ii or yongnuo 600ex-rt

the yongnuo's have actually been very reliable with the canons and the yongnuo flashes when I had a couple other 600ex-rt's, I sold the 2 yongnuo's and kept the canons, but I think what I'm trying to do is not gonna work like I'm thinking, ive borrowed another and trying to get to 1/8 at 8-10 ft is not working at best I'm getting 1/4 recycle at 8-10 if I move in closer to 5ft its fine, but as soon as I put it in a soft box or umbrella forget it... looks like the speedlights or gonna need to be for portraits and not anything sporty, I have also looked in the godox system, and I liked the explore600, I think there is another brand even less 549, that may be my best option for if I'm wanting faster recycles and power, thanks

Jul 20, 2017 at 03:26 PM
cheem
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Godox v860ii or yongnuo 600ex-rt

As previously mentioned, why not get a Godox AD200 (Flashpoint eVOLV 200), you could trigger it with a YN-622. You would still need to controller the power at the flash with that setup though. Or you could add a X1T-C trigger, two (TT685/TT860II or others mentioned by ShotByTom) speedlights and you whole system would be converted and work together seamlessly. Add a X1R-C or three and you could trigger the old YN flashes and the AB.

I just switched my setup to Godox from Yongnuo.
I have a Canon 5D3, YN-622 trigger and transceivers, YN-685s and a couple of Canon 580exii. I tried to use the YN system on my new Fuji setup in legacy one pin fire mode and it would lock-up the 685 flashes. I bought a YN-622 trigger and two YN-685's for my son, also a Fuji shooter and he had better results (newer 685 versions) but can't turn off a channel while shooting = annoying.
My YN gear served me well in the studio doing product and model shots. I tried to use them for something other than their intended purpose which is shoot with a different brand.
A week ago I got my Godox stuff for Canon, a trigger, two receivers for under my 580exiis and I picked up the 200watt AD200. I anxiously await triggers and a TT350 and 2xTT685 speedlights for Fuji. So far, I am very happy with the system.
Godox preserves my investment, is cheap and is inter-operable between brands.

Jul 22, 2017 at 07:37 AM
dalephill2
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Godox v860ii or yongnuo 600ex-rt

Ive been eyeing the Godox AD200 to be sure, along with the Flashpoint eVOLV Twin Head - Bowens Mount (AD-B2), but the cost of these along with the mount is 717, plus tax and the Flashpoint XPLOR 600 HSS TTL Battery-Powered Monolight for Canon (Bowens Mount) is 749, and I'm thinking a much better system, for field and or studio, along with my speedlights I have this would be more than suitable, its tough so may options available now one really needs to decide what direction there going etc.. appreciate your input and your valued advice... Michael.

As previously mentioned, why not get a Godox AD200 (Flashpoint eVOLV 200), you could trigger it with a YN-622. You would still need to controller the power at the flash with that setup though. Or you could add a X1T-C trigger, two (TT685/TT860II or others mentioned by ShotByTom) speedlights and you whole system would be converted and work together seamlessly. Add a X1R-C or three and you could trigger the old YN flashes and the AB.

I just switched my setup to Godox from Yongnuo.
I have a Canon 5D3, YN-622 trigger and transceivers, YN-685s and a couple of Canon 580exii. I tried to use the YN system on my new Fuji setup in legacy one pin fire mode and it would lock-up the 685 flashes. I bought a YN-622 trigger and two YN-685's for my son, also a Fuji shooter and he had better results (newer 685 versions) but can't turn off a channel while shooting = annoying.

(Update) after soaking him all this new information from the members here that I posted I've carefully given it some thought and have purchased a model light that I think that will provide what I need in both field and studio, the ((Interfit Photographic S1 500Ws AC & Battery-Powered HSS TTL Monolight)). Here is utube vid. https://youtu.be/p-LhpakMG-A

My YN gear served me well in the studio doing product and model shots. I tried to use them for something other than their intended purpose which is shoot with a different brand.
A week ago I got my Godox stuff for Canon, a trigger, two receivers for under my 580exiis and I picked up the 200watt AD200. I anxiously await triggers and a TT350 and 2xTT685 speedlights for Fuji. So far, I am very happy with the system.
Godox preserves my investment, is cheap and is inter-operable between brands.

Jul 22, 2017 at 11:26 AM
cheem
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Godox v860ii or yongnuo 600ex-rt

dalephill2 wrote:
Ive been eyeing the Godox AD200 to be sure, along with the Flashpoint eVOLV Twin Head - Bowens Mount (AD-B2), but the cost of these along with the mount is 717, plus tax and the Flashpoint XPLOR 600 HSS TTL Battery-Powered Monolight for Canon (Bowens Mount) is 749, and I'm thinking a much better system, for field and or studio, along with my speedlights I have this would be more than suitable, its tough so may options available now one really needs to decide what direction there going etc.. appreciate your input and your valued advice... Michael.

I like the fact that the entire Godox system from small TT350s to the AD600 and beyond to the 300/600/1200 lineup all work together.

Yongnuo had an early jump on this market segment but their systems took several tracks such as the 560 manual lineup, 602/603 triggers, the YN-622s and then the RT compatible systems, you needed to pick your horse. Godox managed to build a reliable, compatible system and while I have only recently switched so far, so good.

Jul 23, 2017 at 06:13 PM
dtolios
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Godox v860ii or yongnuo 600ex-rt

I have 2x Neewer TT850 that are Godox clones that work great...li-ion battery ftw!
All these Godox clones, Neewer, Flashpoint etc are compatible.

Jul 24, 2017 at 01:04 AM
dalephill2
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Godox v860ii or yongnuo 600ex-rt

i have the yn622c's and the 622c-tx, I also have the yongnuo yn-e3-rt my question is will any of these triggers work on this godox system, or will I need to toss them all to be able to use the godox, and then I just bought the interfit moonlight s1, it has its own trigger too, geez, will these ever have a standard...

Jul 27, 2017 at 03:27 PM
cheem
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Godox v860ii or yongnuo 600ex-rt

The YN systems are not compatible with Godox

Jul 27, 2017 at 04:33 PM
dalephill2
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Godox v860ii or yongnuo 600ex-rt

Figures thanks

Jul 27, 2017 at 04:37 PM
cheem
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Godox v860ii or yongnuo 600ex-rt

You could get the receivers for under your Canon's - the Godox X1R-C and combine it with the AD200/Evolv you were eyeing and have them all running TTL/HSS if that is your thing. You could also (likely, although I have not tried myself) trigger the Alienbee via a sync cord from a X1R-C, it has a mini 2.5mm port and comes with some sync cords. That is one way of trying out the system and the X1T-C is $46 and the X1R-C are as cheap or cheaper. Not a huge investment and your old Canon's would work on the Godox system with your new 200 watt second AD200

Jul 27, 2017 at 04:48 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.