Macro World Resource

FM Forums | Macro World | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

Macro from Canon to Nikon beyond 1:1.

e6filmuser
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #1 · p.4 #1 · Macro from Canon to Nikon beyond 1:1.

JohnK007 wrote:
For those looking for Nikon super-macro solutions, Thomas Shahan just tweeted about receiving the new, Chinese Zhongyi Mitakon 20mm F2 4.5x Super Macro.

It is not a zoom, but a straight 4.5x optic, and it's not just for Nikon users, but Canon EF, Nikon F, Sony FE, Sony Alpha, Pentax K, Sony E, Micro Four Thirds, Fuji X mounts. Shahan is using it for Pentax.

Looks more refined than the Laowa ... almost like a Nikkor industrial lens. Will be interested in Shahan's review.

It's so cheap, at $200, that I think will order one for myself and do my own review.

I'm surprised that its WD is as long as 2cm.

I happen to be playing with my Laowa 7.5mm reversed on the camera, which gives a 4mm FOV (9:1 m4/3,4.5:1 FF), at about 12mm. It is a nightmare to frame and focus. Lighting the subject is problematic.

Harold

Aug 12, 2017 at 08:45 PM
JohnK007
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #2 · p.4 #2 · Macro from Canon to Nikon beyond 1:1.

e6filmuser wrote:
I'm surprised that its WD is as long as 2cm.

Not really that long @ 20mm ... compared to the MP-E 65 ... which has a WD of 41mm @ 5x.

e6filmuser wrote:
I happen to be playing with my Laowa 7.5mm reversed on the camera, which gives a 4mm FOV (9:1 m4/3,4.5:1 FF), at about 12mm. It is a nightmare to frame and focus. Lighting the subject is problematic.

Double-edged sword: crazy to have 9:1 on a reversed lens ... a dream in one sense ... and yet, with that kind of working distance, a nightmare as well.

The article on Nikkor zooms I am doing, comparing them to the other available options (MP-E 65 being the leader) meticulously compares working distances as well.

It matters ...

Aug 13, 2017 at 02:31 AM
e6filmuser
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #3 · p.4 #3 · Macro from Canon to Nikon beyond 1:1.

JohnK007 wrote:
Double-edged sword: crazy to have 9:1 on a reversed lens ... a dream in one sense ... and yet, with that kind of working distance, a nightmare as well.

See the topic I have just posted.

Harold

Aug 13, 2017 at 07:01 AM
1       2       3      
       end

FM Forums | Macro World | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password