Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2017 · Just imagine....the D810 you really now want.

CritterRacing
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Just imagine....the D810 you really now want.

for me ill take an upgraded body like the d500 button layout, d810 sensor and d5 autofocus. im not to greedy.

Jul 19, 2017 at 09:03 PM
arbitrage
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Just imagine....the D810 you really now want.

mawz wrote:
CFast isn't maxed out in performance terms, CFast 2.0 implements SATA 3.0, which is 600MB/s (6GB/s)

Currently the SATA spec is at 3.3, with support for 16GB/s transfer introduced in 3.2 (SATA Express)

That said, if CFast implements SATA 3.2 or later, it effectively will be CFExpress with the CF form factor, since SATA Express (aka SATA 3.2/3.3 in 16Gb/s mode) is the same set of interfaces as CFExpress (PCIe and NVMe)

CFast will almost assuredly outlast XQD, as it is increasingly used in the embedded industry, since newer chipsets no longer support the PATA interface CF depends on.

Interesting, I had read differing opinions on that saying that C-Fast was at its upper limit. None the less, if I had to choose a form factor and current price point, XQD gets my vote. Current XQD and C-Fast cards are already giving us unlimited buffer in the 1DX2 and basically unlimited buffer in D500/D5 (even though Nikon has put an arbitrary 200 shot limit on it). I could live with 100 shots on a 40MP file instead with current cards. Price of XQD is just so much better than C-Fast right now but if that changes then I'm okay with whatever.

Jul 19, 2017 at 09:19 PM
Lauchlan Toal
• • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Just imagine....the D810 you really now want.

Of course, we're all talking about megapixels, AF, fps, but we're missing the most important feature.

Backlit buttons.

Only mildly tongue in cheek there, I'd seriously like to see backlit buttons. If it was between 9 fps in crop mode with no backlight, or 8 fps in crop mode with backlight, I'd prefer the backlit version...

Jul 19, 2017 at 09:33 PM
mawz
• • • • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Just imagine....the D810 you really now want.

arbitrage wrote:
Interesting, I had read differing opinions on that saying that C-Fast was at its upper limit. None the less, if I had to choose a form factor and current price point, XQD gets my vote. Current XQD and C-Fast cards are already giving us unlimited buffer in the 1DX2 and basically unlimited buffer in D500/D5 (even though Nikon has put an arbitrary 200 shot limit on it). I could live with 100 shots on a 40MP file instead with current cards. Price of XQD is just so much better than C-Fast right now but if that changes then I'm okay
...Show more

CFast is at its upper limit in terms of the (now) legacy SATA interface, they came up with a end run around the SATA limit with SATA express, which CFast could now take advantage of. SATA express is relatively new, much newer than the CFast/XQD competition.

The reality is the applications that are driving card developments today have an appetite for bandwidth far in excess of what stills photographers have any real need for. So any of their solutions are suitable for our uses. Just let them settle on one.

Jul 19, 2017 at 10:09 PM
arbitrage
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Just imagine....the D810 you really now want.

Lauchlan Toal wrote:
Of course, we're all talking about megapixels, AF, fps, but we're missing the most important feature.

Backlit buttons.

Only mildly tongue in cheek there, I'd seriously like to see backlit buttons. If it was between 9 fps in crop mode with no backlight, or 8 fps in crop mode with backlight, I'd prefer the backlit version...

I'd go for the 9FPS with no backlight because I have no luck shooting birds in the dark anyways

Jul 19, 2017 at 10:24 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Just imagine....the D810 you really now want.

bs kite wrote:
Just imagine if Nikon would stop playing the megapixel game this one time.

Imagine a D810, with its current super-exciting sensor, but with the latest Nikon motor under the hood.

Imagine a D810 with its current sensor and the D500/D5 AF.

I'd be all over that one Nikon .....

See, that wouldn't do a thing for me at all. The D810 totally focuses awesome for me.

Now if they kept the same sensor but increased the DR and increased the high ISO performance? Now that's what I would be interested in.

Jim

Jul 20, 2017 at 12:42 AM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Just imagine....the D810 you really now want.

Lauchlan Toal wrote:

Backlit buttons.

Ha ha.... I have to agree with you, lit up buttons on the back would be awesome!

Jim

Jul 20, 2017 at 12:42 AM
       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.