New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · 14mm lens chatter issue

jah2266
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · 14mm lens chatter issue

Having an issue with my 14mm lens on my xpro2 and xt2 prior. Lens is mounted and makes a continuous chatter noise when no buttons are pressed. Once I focus the lens the noise stops. Is this an issue with firmware. I searched it out online but found no information. Firmware says 3.10. It did this on my xt2 but I did a reset and it worked fine again. Stumped here and new to the system but it seems wrong. Thanks

Jul 19, 2017 at 11:20 AM
rdeloe
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · 14mm lens chatter issue

No chatter with the 14/2.8 on my X-T2. It makes the characteristic "clunk" noise when you move it around unfocused, but that's it. Sad to say your lens may need service.

Jul 19, 2017 at 12:13 PM
Fred Amico
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · 14mm lens chatter issue

^^ Same here - no chatter.

Jul 19, 2017 at 10:21 PM
jeffp3456

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · 14mm lens chatter issue

jasonhupe wrote:
Having an issue with my 14mm lens on my xpro2 and xt2 prior. Lens is mounted and makes a continuous chatter noise when no buttons are pressed. Once I focus the lens the noise stops. Is this an issue with firmware. I searched it out online but found no information. Firmware says 3.10. It did this on my xt2 but I did a reset and it worked fine again. Stumped here and new to the system but it seems wrong. Thanks

The latest firmware for that lens is 3.11, although I do not know if that will help. My 14mm does not chatter and is updated to 3.11.

Jul 20, 2017 at 12:53 AM
jah2266
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · 14mm lens chatter issue

I think I solved the issue but I am not sure what setting did it in the menu system. I need to read and learn all the settings. I love the custimization of the camera but sometimes simple is best.

Jul 20, 2017 at 05:55 AM

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.