New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Dehaze LR6

mysh
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Dehaze LR6

I was wondering if lightroom Dehaze feature works for light leak into a night sky. I am still using LR5 so I don't have this feature.

Would it work for the hazy look that happens sometimes in night shots from lights?

Jul 17, 2017 at 02:14 PM
rdeloe
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Dehaze LR6

I was going to suggest that you try to recreate it in LR 5 because I know you can do that in LR 6 stand-alone... but I think you're out of luck. The question came up in an earlier thread here, and the answer seems to be that you can implement a work-around in LR 6 standalone because the code that does it in CC is buried in there, but it's not in LR 5 at all. https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3976402

So this isn't an answer to your question, but possibly useful if you were hoping to make it work in LR 5 with a workaround!

Jul 17, 2017 at 02:40 PM
mysh
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Dehaze LR6

rdeloe wrote:
I was going to suggest that you try to recreate it in LR 5 because I know you can do that in LR 6 stand-alone... but I think you're out of luck. The question came up in an earlier thread here, and the answer seems to be that you can implement a work-around in LR 6 standalone because the code that does it in CC is buried in there, but it's not in LR 5 at all. https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3976402

So this isn't an answer to your question, but possibly useful if you were hoping to make it work in LR 5
...Show more

Thanks for this info. I will definitely look into this.

Jul 17, 2017 at 03:04 PM
photoin.nyc
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Dehaze LR6

You could install the trial version and test it yourself. Each situation is different so you could get a better understanding how much you can or cannot fix.

Aug 02, 2017 at 04:49 PM
Ian.Dobinson
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Dehaze LR6

mysh wrote:
I was wondering if lightroom Dehaze feature works for light leak into a night sky. I am still using LR5 so I don't have this feature.

Would it work for the hazy look that happens sometimes in night shots from lights?

I have no idea if it will do what you want . you could try the trial and see of ask someone who has it to try for you .

but be aware that the dehire slider is ONLY a feature in LR CC not LR6 Standalone . personally its one of the features thats worth the cost of entry .

you can of course get work arounds for the slider in standalone LR6 . never tried any as I have CC

Aug 03, 2017 at 04:29 AM
dhphoto
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Dehaze LR6

The workround for LR6 standalone dehaze is effective elegant and free:

https://www.proloststore.com/free/

I assume the dehaze presets are only a carefully crafted set of LR controls anyway so it should be possible to achieve a similar effect and save is as a series of presets in LR5

LR6 is a much better program though

Aug 03, 2017 at 04:56 AM
mysh
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Dehaze LR6

dhphoto wrote:
LR6 is a much better program though

Why do you say its much better? From what I have read people say there isn't a lot of improvement besides Dehaze. I read that the library and catalog was improved but actual editing is almost the same outside of the dehaze feature.

What else besides dehaze and catalog is worth upgrading for?

Aug 05, 2017 at 06:19 PM
dhphoto
• • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Dehaze LR6

All sorts of editing like gradients, the ability to use different colour temperature on parts of the image, keystone controls, all manner of things that I wouldn't be without now
LR6 is worth the upgrade

Aug 06, 2017 at 02:06 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.