FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

Making clients laugh?

joosay
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Making clients laugh?

MikeMancil wrote:
"Ok, act like you like each other." Their imaginations are much better than any canned line. (Works on groups too) .... Mike

Be careful using this line and how much you use it. Some clients (or any guests watching you and hear this) will not like this line.

Jul 19, 2017 at 02:23 PM
SGallant
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Making clients laugh?

MikeMancil wrote:
"Ok, act like you like each other." Mike

I use this one sometimes. I think it is in the delivery. I sell myself as a goofball, wiseass, playful individual, I term it part time comedian. And either they love it or they don't As much as I would love to say I can please everyone, I know I can't, but at least I stay true to me. And if this simple phrase offends someone, well I think I am probably working with the wrong couple. I tend to do lot's of off the wall comments. Like don't worry, I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night so I know what I am doing. Or one of the easiest, when I tell them to go in for a kiss, if they do it very quickly I will tell them to kiss and hold it. Then I will tell them to get a room, which always ends up in laughter.

Exhibit A. Behind the scenes with Joosay at a recent wedding. Photo by Jason P.

Jul 19, 2017 at 05:05 PM
MikeMancil
• • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Making clients laugh?

joosay wrote:
Be careful using this line and how much you use it. Some clients (or any guests watching you and hear this) will not like this line.

Noted, I only recall ever getting but one potentially negative, mumbled response from the middle of a group. Some guy said, "For the picture". The group was congenial enough that I took it as someone else with dry humor... hopefully 😉... Mike

Jul 19, 2017 at 06:12 PM
heikoM
• • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Making clients laugh?

FrancisK7 wrote:
Took these photos half hour into the e-session. I could tell the ice was broken. The groom was a little shy. A phD in biology. So I told him he had a wonderfully shaped gluteus maximum in a semi-serious, anthropological way. Got some great laughs out of them.

itīs "gluteus maximus"

heiko

Jul 19, 2017 at 10:57 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

FrancisK7
• • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Making clients laugh?

heikoM wrote:
itīs "gluteus maximus"

heiko

Is what I said, just misspelled it.

Jul 20, 2017 at 12:47 AM
heikoM
• • • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Making clients laugh?

FrancisK7 wrote:

wanted to like your answer, did not work...

heiko

Jul 23, 2017 at 07:58 AM
heikoM
• • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Making clients laugh?

FrancisK7 wrote:

my latin teacher always told us to be precise, as a single word ending can change who won the war...

heiko

Jul 23, 2017 at 08:08 AM
FrancisK7
• • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Making clients laugh?

Your teacher was wise.

I did two years of Latin in high school and then three years of medschool and I never ended up using that Latin much. The grammar I learned did serve me me very well when I lived in Odenwald, Hessen for two years to do my Abitur and had to learn German from scratch.

I hear Latin was replaced by Spanish in the curriculum since it's considered more "useful".

Jul 23, 2017 at 08:26 AM
       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password