Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2017 · Done with weddings. Keep the 6d or 5d3?

Ziffl3
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Done with weddings. Keep the 6d or 5d3?

Paul Mo wrote:
Easy there - no need for snide personal remarks. Just commenting on the fact that the OP's 'crown jewel' may well perform better on the 5D3 than the 6D. And that's what he's here for - advice to the best of our abilities.

Nothing snide about it.....

please tell us all how the 85L will produce images better on a 5Dmkiii than a 6D. Technically, artistically......this ought to be good.
I may just learn something.

-Mark

Jul 14, 2017 at 11:07 PM
Paul Mo
• • • • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Done with weddings. Keep the 6d or 5d3?

Despite not wanting to pollute the OP's thread with Internet tit-for-tat, have I done something to offend you, Mark?

I've simply stated that I believe the 5D Mark III to be a superior body when matched with the 85 f1.2 vs the 6D.

You seem to have taken offense at my response to your post and now appear determined to win a non-existent argument.

My opinion has been expressed, it's now up to the OP to weigh the collective input in this thread.

Jul 15, 2017 at 01:02 AM
Kathy White
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Done with weddings. Keep the 6d or 5d3?

I would keep the 5DIII because it's more versatile. With kids you might be wanting even need to shoot some sports.

Jul 15, 2017 at 02:04 AM
johnctharp
• • • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Done with weddings. Keep the 6d or 5d3?

Ziffl3 wrote:
please tell us all how the 85L will produce images better on a 5Dmkiii than a 6D. Technically, artistically......this ought to be good.
I may just learn something.

You ever used those off-center focus points by themselves on a 6D for shallow depth of field or things that move? I have when I rented an 85/1.2L II for my 6D.

Having sensitive and accurate off-center focus points would have helped tremendously. I love my 6D, but the weakness of the off-center points- and the dearth of them- is a factual limitation that is compounded when the camera is used with fast lenses and/or trying to track. This limits your compositions in certain situations, and if a 5D-series camera is available, it's recommended for that reason.

Jul 15, 2017 at 02:34 AM
Ziffl3
• • • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Done with weddings. Keep the 6d or 5d3?

Paul Mo wrote:
Despite not wanting to pollute the OP's thread with Internet tit-for-tat, have I done something to offend you, Mark?

I've simply stated that I believe the 5D Mark III to be a superior body when matched with the 85 f1.2 vs the 6D.

You seem to have taken offense at my response to your post and now appear determined to win a non-existent argument.

My opinion has been expressed, it's now up to the OP to weigh the collective input in this thread.

No offence .... I have been around and I know my crap can stink form time to time.

Baring AF advantage in outside points-paired with a higher frame rate - which I could have express more when I mentioned birding - you could insert kids here and a joy stick.....

The 6D has a more sensitive center spot point ... so you can shoot in darker situations... plus wifi/gps stuff that the OP likes.
And a slightly better sensor ... even though the A/D converter is still off the chip in this release of the 6D.

Seeing how the 85L is a slow focusing machine .... it would struggle to take action shot with any body.
It can work ... but you have to learn the lens.

This aside... how does a 5DIII generate better image than a 6D? That is the internet foder that smells.

Now you could have mentioned selling both camera to pick up a 1DX. Different story and actually not a bad idea.

At the end of the day.... the 5Dmkiii and 6D will both produce fantastic images to a worthy shooter.
If anything... the 6D maybe a tad cleaner files. But i am not sure you would actually see this in print.

I am out.
Op ... good luck on the farm...enjoy the kids and hope you can glean some cool family moments from time to time.

-Mark

Jul 15, 2017 at 07:46 AM
Scott Stoness
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Done with weddings. Keep the 6d or 5d3?

MTBtrials wrote:
Hey all. It's been ages since I've posted here, but I know where to turn for the best advice/opinions. Long story short, I have been shooting weddings since roughly 2007 while working full time. Fast forward to 2015.... I lost my mom (she was 55) and my wife and I decided to purchase a farm with 21 acres & we moved to the farm with our three kids. In august 2016 I had a nasty accident at work which has for all intents & purposes left me blind in my right eye (fortunately no glass eye but I couldn't drive
...Show more

My view is that 5d3 and 6D are very close in sensor iq - so it comes down to function which comes down to what you shoot.

Relative to depreciation - they will both be worth next to nothing in 10 years - so the 5diii is more expensive.

If you often shoot animals, sports, active stuff keep the 5diii. The dual slot, longer burst, .... make it better for action.

But if you are focussed on landscape and mostly still photography, sell the 5diii. The 6d is just as good as the 5diii if there is no action for a higher cost.

BTW: I tried a7r and did not like the electronic viewfinder in bright light. I think you are better off to stick with optical view finder (not mirrorless)

Good luck. Scott

Jul 15, 2017 at 08:11 AM
Milan Hutera
• • • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Done with weddings. Keep the 6d or 5d3?

I'd sell both and get 5DIV.

Jul 15, 2017 at 09:54 AM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.