New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

B&S please look for WTB posts before listing

JimClark
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · B&S please look for WTB posts before listing

Sure would be nice if people want to sell items would do a quick search to see if anyone has a WTB ad for that item.
Damn frustrating

Jul 13, 2017 at 07:49 PM
anthonysemone
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · B&S please look for WTB posts before listing

JimClark wrote:
Sure would be nice if people want to sell items would do a quick search to see if anyone has a WTB ad for that item.
Damn frustrating

and that would be because??

Jul 13, 2017 at 10:41 PM
Mickey
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · B&S please look for WTB posts before listing

Why? If I'm looking to sell something I generally ignore WTB ads even for the item I'm selling. It's been my experience that many, not all, WTB ads are people looking to get something cheap. Especially when they express their willingness to accept a lesser quality item. Ever wonder why there is a WTB ad on the same page with 2 or 3 of the very item the WTB is looking for?

Edited on Jul 14, 2017 at 06:47 PM · View previous versions

Jul 14, 2017 at 02:55 PM
mitesh
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · B&S please look for WTB posts before listing

I don't see a problem with a member listing an item when others may already have posted WTB ads for the same item. As a seller, I want to reach the largest possible audience to give myself the best chances of selling the item quickly. Once I have created my for-sale listing, nothing stops me from contacting members with a WTB ad looking for my item, but I want my listing up anyway so that I'm reaching other potential buyers at the same time.

Jul 14, 2017 at 06:22 PM
trenchmonkey
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · B&S please look for WTB posts before listing

I usually check to see if there's some 'well established' lookin' before I list.
Otherwise, up she goes. A WTB by most noobs is an accident waiting to happen.

Jul 15, 2017 at 11:37 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

unclechuck
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · B&S please look for WTB posts before listing

JimClark wrote:
Damn frustrating

Saw your WTB post:

A few years back a 7D was posted by a new seller with no FB with location listed as "Florida." The price kept dropping and one day I PM'd for a phone number.

Turned out the seller was a physician and a great guy. We struck a more than fair deal for a very low mileage body with a ton of extras. I PM'd a routine checklist confirming the deal, regular Paypal, inspection and return --- he signed off and I paid him. He shipped over night.

Everywhere there are scammers, high dollar dreamers and everything in between -- but among the countless blessings of FM one of the most important is the ability to talk directly.

Charles

Jul 15, 2017 at 02:28 PM
jbregar
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · B&S please look for WTB posts before listing

It's been my experience (but it's not how _I_ use WTB) that most WTB ads are looking for a "deal."

I've PM'd a few WTB ads before listing before offering a fair price and gotten everything from no response at all to "I was looking to spend more like <60% of my fair price>".

Subsequently posted my items for the same price and they usually sell quite quickly.

So I've largely stopped worrying about the WTB ads... I do post my own, but I don't usually get much response from them.

Jul 17, 2017 at 04:24 PM
unclechuck
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · B&S please look for WTB posts before listing

I've bought and sold on WTB --- top gear at fair prices both ways

Not sure how / if Fred could do it, but it would be good to require a post to the thread before contacting WTB ad. No Paypal Gift would be another safeguard.

A good number of the low baller responses are lurkers with no FB and nothing to lose by being rude.

On the flip side some responding 'sellers' are scammers who are primed with bargain prices and images fresh from eBay...

Charles

Jul 17, 2017 at 05:02 PM
Dustin Gent
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · B&S please look for WTB posts before listing

wtb ads, in general, are either scammers are wanting super cheap items. "WTB Sony A7r - great shape - willing to pay $700".. haha, me too

Jul 18, 2017 at 12:46 AM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password