FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

Archive 2017 · ***New firmware updates as of 07/10/2017***

ELinder
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · ***New firmware updates as of 07/10/2017***

Wow, I can't wait to try out that vertical row. Having from the riders head down to the saddle pad all under those points should give lots of contrast places hold lock on in low light situations.

Erich

Jul 14, 2017 at 05:53 PM
kwilliam8
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · ***New firmware updates as of 07/10/2017***

Would it be possible to keep postings on this thread relating to the new firmware updates? That would be greatly appreciated by some, myself included. Thanks for your time and consideration of this request.
Keith W.

Jul 15, 2017 at 04:11 PM
sjms
• • • • • • •
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · ***New firmware updates as of 07/10/2017***

I would like it to remained focused to the actual subject too.

Jul 16, 2017 at 09:33 AM
anthonysemone
• • • • •
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · ***New firmware updates as of 07/10/2017***

Well, perhaps this will restore focus on the topic:

I took delivery today of a D500. Still showing 1.0v on Camera. Went to download site, followed the bouncing balls, including making my SD card slot primary, got to Menu option for firmware, clicked update and pressing the "OK" button has absolutely no effect whatsoever. Interestingly, the same phenomenon shows up when I attempt to format the SD card. In all other menu selections, OK works fine. I do not have yet an XQD card so I don't know if that's why?

Any advice on what I've done incorrectly or skipped doing, I'd be grateful for.

Jul 22, 2017 at 06:20 PM
T-O Shooter
• •
[X]
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · ***New firmware updates as of 07/10/2017***

anthonysemone wrote:

I took delivery today of a D500. Still showing 1.0v on Camera. Went to download site, followed the bouncing balls, including making my SD card slot primary, got to Menu option for firmware, clicked update and pressing the "OK" button has absolutely no effect whatsoever. Interestingly, the same phenomenon shows up when I attempt to format the SD card. In all other menu selections, OK works fine. I do not have yet an XQD card so I don't know if that's why?

Any advice on what I've done incorrectly or skipped doing,
...Show more

According to how much attention has been on the subject since the last two before you posted, it was a much more interesting conversation before.

Irregardless, my only thought would be to ask you if your battery is charged? It might have to be fully or near fully charged to perform a firmware update. I rarely do one as what Nikon offers most of the time doesn't concern me, and why mess with something I'm happy with. I'll make an exception if Nikon does a dynamic AF FW update on the 500.

Jul 22, 2017 at 06:34 PM
anthonysemone
• • • • •
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · ***New firmware updates as of 07/10/2017***

Yep, battery fully charged....

Jul 22, 2017 at 07:13 PM
Thang
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #7 · p.3 #7 · ***New firmware updates as of 07/10/2017***

T-O Shooter wrote:
According to how much attention has been on the subject since the last two before you posted, it was a much more interesting conversation before.

Irregardless, my only thought would be to ask you if your battery is charged? It might have to be fully or near fully charged to perform a firmware update. I rarely do one as what Nikon offers most of the time doesn't concern me, and why mess with something I'm happy with. I'll make an exception if Nikon does a dynamic AF FW update on the 500.

+1 about the lack of need to do FW update on the D500. I still have v1.0 on one of my two D500. Some reported the menu screen loaded up much faster with the updated FW. I didn't notice a thing.

Edited on Jul 25, 2017 at 04:51 PM · View previous versions

Jul 22, 2017 at 10:27 PM
sjms
• • • • • • •
p.3 #8 · p.3 #8 · ***New firmware updates as of 07/10/2017***

anthonysemone wrote:

Any advice on what I've done incorrectly or skipped doing,
...Show more

do you have the ".bin" file on the card and NOT in any folder?

D500_0113.bin

and if so when its on the update page does it show current FW and new FW available

x.xx----->x.xx

older---->newer

and you highlighted it and did OK?

ref: using D7200 (same action throughout the fleet)

highlight: make yellow

on second image answer should be highlighted YES. in this image if I hit yes nothing will occur. must move up to YES then hit OK

Jul 23, 2017 at 07:24 AM
anthonysemone
• • • • •
p.3 #9 · p.3 #9 · ***New firmware updates as of 07/10/2017***

Jim,

On image #2 as above in your post, I show:

Update?

Current New

C 1.00. -> C 1.13

Yes (highlighted in Black)
No (highlighted in Yellow). OK (black background)

Scrolling to Yes -> OK but on a red background

Clicking on OK produces nothing.

Argh...... Not a major issue, though. OK works on every other menu screen when selecting an option on it, so that would seem the button is okay (as it were). I'm gonna reset all the settings and start over again after I get a XQD card. I really appreciate your thoughtful response, Sir...

Jul 23, 2017 at 10:20 AM
arbitrage
• • • • • • •
p.3 #10 · p.3 #10 · ***New firmware updates as of 07/10/2017***

anthonysemone wrote:
Jim,

On image #2 as above in your post, I show:

Update?

Current New

C 1.00. -> C 1.13

Yes (highlighted in Black)
No (highlighted in Yellow). OK (black background)

Scrolling to Yes -> OK but on a red background

Clicking on OK produces nothing.

Argh...... Not a major issue, though. OK works on every other menu screen when selecting an option on it, so that would seem the button is okay (as it were). I'm gonna reset all the settings and start over again after I get a XQD card. I
...Show more

Just to be clear, you are pushing the OK button on the left of the LCD screen and not the centre of the 4 way controller? Looking at the other D7xxx camera above the OK is the centre of the 4-way controller but on the D500 it is a separate button on the left column of buttons.

Jul 23, 2017 at 10:45 AM
anthonysemone
• • • • •
p.3 #11 · p.3 #11 · ***New firmware updates as of 07/10/2017***

OMG..... I have been pressing the wrong OK button....let's see if I can get my feeble brain around that.

Jul 23, 2017 at 11:01 AM
anthonysemone
• • • • •
p.3 #12 · p.3 #12 · ***New firmware updates as of 07/10/2017***

Well, it's amazing how well the update works when I press the correct OK button. Thanks so much.

Jul 23, 2017 at 11:11 AM
Reagan
• • • • •
p.3 #13 · p.3 #13 · ***New firmware updates as of 07/10/2017***

"Wrong Button" Tony
Now thats catchy

Reagan

Jul 23, 2017 at 12:10 PM
anthonysemone
• • • • •
p.3 #14 · p.3 #14 · ***New firmware updates as of 07/10/2017***

You got that right, Reagan.....

Jul 23, 2017 at 12:13 PM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.