Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Canadian Track and Field Championships

cocodrillo
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Canadian Track and Field Championships

A busy week shooting my favourite sport. Pretty much everything but one shot is with a Canon 500mm 4.5 wide open. C & C always welcome.

Jul 11, 2017 at 01:19 AM
kwkodiak
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Canadian Track and Field Championships

Nice set! Any of the world's fastest (soon to be) man?

Jul 11, 2017 at 02:25 PM
P Alesse
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Canadian Track and Field Championships

#2 and #3 are my faves.

Jul 11, 2017 at 02:25 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

cocodrillo
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Canadian Track and Field Championships

Kwkodiak, I think you're being maybe a bit optimistic about de Grasse. While he won both races, he did not look particularly easy or relaxed, which seriously hurt his 100 and 200 times. Of course, there are at least two other guys on the track who can (and have) beat him, and he knows it. Here's a link to a shot of de Grasse, Brown and Rodney about the 160m mark in the 200m final. De Grasse's shoulders are up around his ears and he looks, well, tight. Not a good way to run seriously fast, and conditions were damn near perfect.
http://iconsportswire.com/image/recent/4495223

Paul -- Thanks. I've got to admit that I think #5 is my favourite from the weekend. Partly for the story the photo tells to trackies and also because Melissa is a wonderful lady and has done my club seriously proud -- 4th at Olympics, silver at 2015 Worlds and gold at 2015 Pan Ams.

Jul 12, 2017 at 01:11 PM
Crisjm
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Canadian Track and Field Championships

Nice work...........Did you notice one of the headlines on this page about Bishop?

https://www.thestar.com/sports/amateur/2017/07/09/athletics-photographer-has-mastered-the-art-of-winning.html

Jul 13, 2017 at 03:52 PM
cocodrillo
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Canadian Track and Field Championships

Crisjm, a lot of the shots above were taken either beside Claus, or deliberately away from the Master. Trying to keep up with Claus is a great driver for trying to get better photographs at a competition. I've been lucky to know Claus for about 25 years -- he's taught me an enormous amount of what I know about shooting sports and photography in general.

Jul 14, 2017 at 11:37 AM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password