New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2017 · lens hood/shade for the Fuji 18-55 lens

gaopa
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · lens hood/shade for the Fuji 18-55 lens

Hee, hee, Jeffery, now that is one ugly plastic camera!

Jul 16, 2017 at 04:23 PM
gyoung143
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · lens hood/shade for the Fuji 18-55 lens

The standard hood is the same as that for the 14mm, so is already likely too short for the 18mm setting on the zoom, so anything shorter still is likely to be even less effective, I just leave off the hood sometimes unless I need it for the light conditions.

Gerry

Jul 19, 2017 at 06:51 AM
gaopa
• • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · lens hood/shade for the Fuji 18-55 lens

gyoung143 wrote:
The standard hood is the same as that for the 14mm, so is already likely too short for the 18mm setting on the zoom, so anything shorter still is likely to be even less effective, I just leave off the hood sometimes unless I need it for the light conditions.

Gerry

Gerry, I just picked up a collapsable rubber lens hood that does not vignette on my 18-55. It does not look very good, but it works for lens protection.

I have decided to leave the Fuji OEM lens hood on the lens unless I want to switch out for the collapsable rubber one. I do like to have a hood on the lens.

Jul 19, 2017 at 06:57 AM
gyoung143
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · lens hood/shade for the Fuji 18-55 lens

gaopa wrote:
Gerry, I just picked up a collapsable rubber lens hood that does not vignette on my 18-55. It does not look very good, but it works for lens protection.

I have decided to leave the Fuji OEM lens hood on the lens unless I want to switch out for the collapsable rubber one. I do like to have a hood on the lens.

I bought one of those years ago from HAMA that could be extended to three positions in the hope of getting a more effective hood for a Tokina 80-200 2.8 AF, but I found it impossible to keep it 'round'. As soon as I put the lens away it would inevitably get pressure on the sides (the lens takes 77mm!) and end up oval or even more interesting shapes, and vignette.
I abandoned it and went back to the metal one supplied with the lens.
Hope you have better luck with a modern one.

Gerry

Jul 20, 2017 at 06:31 AM
gaopa
• • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · lens hood/shade for the Fuji 18-55 lens

Gerry, like yours, my rubber lens hood gets a flat spot pretty easily. I also got a couple of generic lens hoods for wide angle lenses and they are simply too big in diameter.

At this point, I've gone back to the OEM scalloped hood when in daylight and no hood when shooting low light photos.

Jul 30, 2017 at 08:12 PM
       end

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.