New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

3       end

Big Sky Country {Part I}

Lisa_Holloway
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Big Sky Country {Part I}

Sylvie has her own Facebook page (Sylvie the Great) where I post updates on her heart condition. If you look through the cell phone pics there, you will see that her eyes are not overdone in these photos. She has very light, vibrant blue eyes and a very thick, dark limbal ring. This is just how her eyes are. I don't edit her eyes any more than I do anyone else's (less so in most cases in fact) and she is the only one I ever get these comments about.

I will attach one such cell phone photo. Unedited of course.

gheller wrote:
Amazing settings and beautiful kids

(8) (10), & (17) suffer from overdone eye syndrome, but otherwise better than most could pull off.

Aloha!

greg

Jul 11, 2017 at 06:53 AM
gheller
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Big Sky Country {Part I}

Oh, I don't doubt that her eyes are that *color*, just that in your images, they appear to be over-treated with sharpness as compared to the rest of her face.

If not, I strongly recommend toning them down a bit... as is, they have a freaky appearance. No disrespect to you or her... just that IMO they take away from otherwise fine images.

greg

Jul 11, 2017 at 07:46 AM
SunsetBlue

p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Big Sky Country {Part I}

i just love these photos!!!

Jul 11, 2017 at 10:05 AM
Bjorne

p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Big Sky Country {Part I}

Lisa_Holloway wrote:
Thank you Mike! You should be able to see the efix data for these images on my Flickr account.

Hi, very very nice photos. I cannot see any exif data of your Pictures on Flickr....?? Bjorn

Jul 11, 2017 at 11:44 AM
friscoron
• • • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Big Sky Country {Part I}

gheller wrote:
Oh, I don't doubt that her eyes are that *color*, just that in your images, they appear to be over-treated with sharpness as compared to the rest of her face.

If not, I strongly recommend toning them down a bit... as is, they have a freaky appearance. No disrespect to you or her... just that IMO they take away from otherwise fine images.

greg

As a photographer, I dream of shooting someone with eyes that blue. There's no way I'd tone them down. I think Lisa's treatment of Sylvie's eyes are spot on with my style... but it doesn't really matter. What matters is that what she does is spot on with HER style. We're not going to agree with everything any given photographer does with their camera work or post-production, and that's okay. We don't all want to be doing the same thing, at least I hope not. But I rarely disagree with Lisa's decisions in post-production.

The shot with her boy on the pond and the red sky and red reflections on the water. Man, that is just immaculate. I've seen her before and afters, so I know much of the color in that shot may not be real, but I totally believe it is real, and it doesn't even matter. It just looks great.

Jul 11, 2017 at 01:00 PM
Lisa_Holloway
• • • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Big Sky Country {Part I}

Thank you all for the comments and feedback!

Jul 11, 2017 at 01:39 PM
Marty Bingham
• • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Big Sky Country {Part I}

I need to squeeze that baby...

Oh, and nice photos btw.

Marty

Jul 11, 2017 at 05:34 PM
Gary Schmeidle
• •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Big Sky Country {Part I}

Awesome set Lisa all of them but 13 is just amazing! Well done!

Jul 12, 2017 at 02:07 PM
Lisa_Holloway
• • • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Big Sky Country {Part I}

Thank you all!!

Jul 12, 2017 at 06:16 PM
Lisa_Holloway
• • • •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · Big Sky Country {Part I}

gheller wrote:

greg

I don't really understand the point of 'toning down' her eyes when those ARE her eyes. That's what she was born with. I personally love them - I think they are unique and beautiful and to 'tone them down' would be doing her a disservice IMO. The big camera pics are obviously sharper than the slightly out of focus cell phone pic, but that aside, those *are* her eyes.

Jul 12, 2017 at 06:40 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Jonathan Brady
• •
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · Big Sky Country {Part I}

gheller wrote:
If not, I strongly recommend toning them down a bit... as is, they have a freaky appearance.

What an @-hole thing to say about someone's child. Wtf is wrong with you?

Personally, I love Sylvie's eyes. They're unique, in a beautiful and enviable way.

Jul 12, 2017 at 11:19 PM
ShotByTom
• •
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · Big Sky Country {Part I}

Fantastic! I have to agree about #13, that one is special!

Jul 13, 2017 at 12:45 AM
bcguy
• • •
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · Big Sky Country {Part I}

I loved the very first photo on the page, and they just got better! Great work, as always!

Jul 13, 2017 at 02:19 AM
gheller
• • • • •
p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · Big Sky Country {Part I}

Jonathan Brady wrote:
had to laugh at this one... way to take the text out of context to get a reaction. perhaps you didn't read what immediately followed.

It was regarding PROCESSING, not anything against her or her daughter.

just wow

What an @-hole thing to say about someone's child. Wtf is wrong with you?

Personally, I love Sylvie's eyes. They're unique, in a beautiful and enviable way.

Jul 13, 2017 at 06:16 AM
Jonathan Brady
• •
p.2 #15 · p.2 #15 · Big Sky Country {Part I}

gheller wrote:

But that's the thing, there wasn't any remarkable processing. That's HOW SHE LOOKS. So what you're saying is "change how your child's eyes look so that it doesn't come across TO ME as 'freaky'".

Jul 13, 2017 at 09:48 AM
Dragonfire
• • • • •
p.2 #16 · p.2 #16 · Big Sky Country {Part I}

Jul 13, 2017 at 11:02 AM
gheller
• • • • •
p.2 #17 · p.2 #17 · Big Sky Country {Part I}

Jonathan Brady wrote:
But that's the thing, there wasn't any remarkable processing. That's HOW SHE LOOKS. So what you're saying is "change how your child's eyes look so that it doesn't come across TO ME as 'freaky'".

A great comedian once said, " ...once, as a child, I got a question wrong on a test that asked my opinion..."

Jul 13, 2017 at 06:25 PM
Lisa_Holloway
• • • •
p.2 #18 · p.2 #18 · Big Sky Country {Part I}

gheller wrote:
A great comedian once said, " ...once, as a child, I got a question wrong on a test that asked my opinion..."

That's the thing though - I have explained now as both the photographer who took and edited the photos AND as her mother that there was no crazy post processing applied to Sylvie's eyes...why do you suppose it is that I only ever get these comments about HER eyes and no one else's? I'm not someone who heavily edits eyes unless it is a specific photo/look I am trying to achieve. My usual portraits are not heavy on eye edits, and these are not either.

Jul 13, 2017 at 11:56 PM
gheller
• • • • •
p.2 #19 · p.2 #19 · Big Sky Country {Part I}

My point was that it would look much better (IMO) if her eyes were toned down to match the rest of the image.

Just an opinion, nothing more, nothing less.

greg

Jul 14, 2017 at 08:07 AM
gnjphotography
• •
p.2 #20 · p.2 #20 · Big Sky Country {Part I}

Lisa_Holloway wrote:
That's the thing though - I have explained now as both the photographer who took and edited the photos AND as her mother that there was no crazy post processing applied to Sylvie's eyes...why do you suppose it is that I only ever get these comments about HER eyes and no one else's? I'm not someone who heavily edits eyes unless it is a specific photo/look I am trying to achieve. My usual portraits are not heavy on eye edits, and these are not either.

Lisa,

Phenomenal work as always. Her eyes are amazing. I had the same thoughts, but noticed as you said, the others eyes are not edited. I get jealous when I see your editing and photos. Keep up the great work.

-Greg

Jul 14, 2017 at 10:10 AM
       3       end

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

3       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password