Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

Rules & Guidelines | Uninsured Payment Alert!
How to post Feedback | How to Red-Flag a thread

NEVER use Paypal Gift, Venmo, Zelle, Apple Pay, Google Pay or any other uninsured payment!

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2017 · Sold: Canon EOS 5D Mark III $1,100

Jeffrey
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Sold: Canon EOS 5D Mark III $1,100

Looks like photo 2 is rotated 90 degrees counterclockwise.

Jan 30, 2018 at 03:11 PM
Jim Dockery
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Sold: Canon EOS 5D Mark III $1,100

I still don't quite understand what is going on with the Lower canyon. Is it still open (I don't know why they would close it totally)? Have they just quit running tours and it's a free for all? Same price for everyone (tripod or not)? I'm heading down that way in March and my wife really wants to go.

Jan 31, 2018 at 07:45 PM
morris
• • • • • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Sold: Canon EOS 5D Mark III $1,100

The second is stunning Bill

Morris

Jan 31, 2018 at 08:25 PM
Fred Amico
• • • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Sold: Canon EOS 5D Mark III $1,100

Jim Dockery wrote:
I still don't quite understand what is going on with the Lower canyon. Is it still open (I don't know why they would close it totally)? Have they just quit running tours and it's a free for all? Same price for everyone (tripod or not)? I'm heading down that way in March and my wife really wants to go.

Last I heard it was still open, but only for regular tours (meaning very large groups), and no longer would the small group photography only tours be conducted.

Feb 01, 2018 at 12:23 AM
Dustin Gent
• • • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Sold: Canon EOS 5D Mark III $1,100

nice set. I would add a little more contrast the first two if they were mine.

As for the tours, lower antelope is indeed open, just no tripods allowed anymore. I am hoping they will open up other amazing slot canyons that have been closed since the 90s. Kaibito is one of them i am hoping for.

Feb 01, 2018 at 12:06 PM
jimger

p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Sold: Canon EOS 5D Mark III $1,100

As per both tour companies that service Lower Antelope, no more PHOTO TOURS, only regular tours.

Feb 01, 2018 at 02:47 PM
mreynolds767
• •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Sold: Canon EOS 5D Mark III $1,100

Not sure if this is still the case BUT
when I was attempting to go in May 2017 the websites said no photo tours of Lower Antelope.

I did a little more research and discovered at least in May of 2017 ; if you pay extra for a photography permit from the local tribal lands association ; different website and organization. A $50.00 per day fee required for still photography plus proof of insurance and a pain in that you need to print it out, include a money order for the $50 (no other payment other than money order) ; mail it and wait for them to receive, approve and mail you back the official permit ; all of which takes a couple of months.
I actually did this because I planned to sell the images and learned you had to have this if you wanted to sell images taken at either Lower or Upper Antelope. Think Monument Valley and some other places have a similar rule.

Anyway once I had this in hand I called the companies that do the Lower Antelope tours and both offered me a photo tour slot months in advance. Once I explained I had the proper permit, they changed their tune completely. I assume it may have been me alone with a guide or maybe one or two others since not many go through this hassle.

In the end I took my photo tour of Upper Antelope (which was the group type with tripod I believe they still offer) but then ended up missing my slot for Lower Antelope when I acquired Wave permits.
Had to make the call to skip the Wave or Lower Antelope ; as they would not let me take a photo tour for me for Lower Antelope on a day that was different from my permit dates.

My long story being there may still be a chance of taking a Lower Antelope photo tour if you plan far ahead and pay extra.

Feb 14, 2018 at 04:15 PM
Helpless

p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Sold: Canon EOS 5D Mark III $1,100

Upper Antelope Canyon is nice. I've never been to Lower Antelope to compare but it was a fun tour. Wife and I went to the first non-photographers tour at 8am and caught okay light, good enough to handhold at ISO 1000. The guides were pretty eager to move from one part of the tour to the other, but there was enough time to take a few good shots (https://photos.app.goo.gl/a0bTkTdcddjptUlt2)

We went in the middle of January and it was closed completely, supposedly for repairs. Not sure what's going on.

Feb 16, 2018 at 03:51 PM
Waynelsn

p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Sold: Canon EOS 5D Mark III $1,100

Well done! I've never seen any photos of Antelope Canyon in B&W!

Mar 11, 2018 at 06:00 PM
billsamuels
• • • •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · Sold: Canon EOS 5D Mark III $1,100

Waynelsn wrote:
Well done! I've never seen any photos of Antelope Canyon in B&W!

Glad you enjoyed them. I've never seen photos of Antelope in B&W either and thought it would probably look spectacular, so at the risk of criticism for wasting a great photo of Antelope on B&W, I tried it and they turned out even better than I thought.

Thanks for checking them out and for commenting.
Bill

Mar 21, 2018 at 12:37 AM
Mark Metternich
• • • • • •
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · Sold: Canon EOS 5D Mark III $1,100

I'll likely never go into both of those canyons again with the increasing hoards of shoulder to shoulder people all year round. I like a lot of these for their originality. Nice job.

Mar 21, 2018 at 09:59 AM
       end

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.