Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

Rules & Guidelines | Uninsured Payment Alert!
How to post Feedback | How to Red-Flag a thread

NEVER use Paypal Gift, Venmo, Zelle, Apple Pay, Google Pay or any other uninsured payment!

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2017 · Sold: Canon EOS 5D Mark III $1,100

gt_me_jon
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Sold: Canon EOS 5D Mark III $1,100

Canon EOS 5D Mark III

Sold

Price: $1,100.00
Payment method: PayPal
Item condition: 8 Well used - may exhibit "dings" or finish marks
Shipping instructions: USPS shipping included to CONUS

5D Mark III that shows a little wear as seen in pictures below. Includes everything pictured. The self-cleaning sensor functionality doesn't work (it throws an error code if the auto sensor cleaner is enabled manually or at power on/off). I have the function turned off and the camera works fine. Price includes PayPal fees and USPS shipping to CONUS.

Jul 09, 2017 at 10:38 AM
billsamuels
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Sold: Canon EOS 5D Mark III $1,100

I've been working on the rest of the Antelope Canyon photos I took since I last posted the first two sets about 2-3 weeks ago because after getting the really easy photos out of the way, it takes really close attention to details to see what would look good in B&W and what would be boring. I have about 500 photos I took while on the 2 hour photo tour back in July 2015.

Here is the link to the first two, which originally, I only posted on the B&W forum.

https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1524400

https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1526202

Just a side note, as you probably know, the Native Americans stopped offering the tours of the Lower Antelope Canyon, which is where these photos were taken. The last photo was taken while I was on the photo tour and we were overrun by a very large group of the regular tour. My group consisted of four people. This is probably why there are no longer anymore tours!

Comments gladly received. Thanks for looking.
Bill
     Canon EOS 5D Mark III

Sold

Price: $1,100.00
Payment method: PayPal
Item condition: 8 Well used - may exhibit "dings" or finish marks
Shipping instructions: USPS shipping included to CONUS

5D Mark III that shows a little wear as seen in pictures below. Includes everything pictured. The self-cleaning sensor functionality doesn't work (it throws an error code if the auto sensor cleaner is enabled manually or at power on/off). I have the function turned off and the camera works fine. Price includes PayPal fees and USPS shipping to CONUS.

Photo 1

Photo 2

Photo 3 - Ghost Rising

Photo 4 - Another Ghost rising

Photo 5 - Yet another ghost rising

Photo 6 - And finally, another ghost!

Photo 7 - Praying to the Sun God, who expressed itself through a mighty beam of light. Note the giant FACE in the rock behind and above her.

A regular tour came in while we were trying to get photo #7, hung out for 5 minutes before leaving. This was very intrusive and wasn't the last time it happened. Notice the tour guide's face-she was pissed!

Jan 22, 2018 at 04:33 AM
Madonnapreethi

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Sold: Canon EOS 5D Mark III $1,100

Shutter count ?

Jul 09, 2017 at 11:14 AM
speakit101
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Sold: Canon EOS 5D Mark III $1,100

Shutter count?

Jul 09, 2017 at 11:18 AM
chasero

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Sold: Canon EOS 5D Mark III $1,100

PM'd

Jul 09, 2017 at 09:07 PM
Max74

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Sold: Canon EOS 5D Mark III $1,100

Dear gt_me_jon . Please inform: What is the shutter count if you know of it for the camera (approximately)?

Jul 10, 2017 at 05:51 AM
gt_me_jon
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Sold: Canon EOS 5D Mark III $1,100

Jul 10, 2017 at 07:59 AM
tka1966
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Sold: Canon EOS 5D Mark III $1,100

Thanks

Jul 10, 2017 at 08:08 AM
erielake
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Sold: Canon EOS 5D Mark III $1,100

i like those dust captures....nice set

Jan 22, 2018 at 06:33 AM
beavens
• • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Sold: Canon EOS 5D Mark III $1,100

Nice set Bill! Thankfully when my wife and I went we were hardly bothered by the regular tours.

Love the contrast of the dust in 4 and 5.

Jeff

Jan 22, 2018 at 07:52 AM
Johnwocher
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Sold: Canon EOS 5D Mark III $1,100

Greetings -
Too bad about no more tours of Lower Antelope. Not even the photo tours? I did a morning/afternoon of both canyons and got spectacular photos. Big tours well controlled and held back until we got our shots (three of us). Only downside is that I had to have the lens refurbished when I got back home. It sounded like a pepper mill when focusing. Back at the hotel, before removing it, used compressed gas can to get as much of the sand out of the small areas of the camera and lens. Camera (5DSR) did well. Took my Siuri waterproof tripod in the shower. Wow! Took a lot of sand out of those canyons. Great photos!
Cheers,
John

Jan 22, 2018 at 11:36 PM
billsamuels
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Sold: Canon EOS 5D Mark III $1,100

Johnwocher wrote:
Greetings -
Too bad about no more tours of Lower Antelope. Not even the photo tours? I did a morning/afternoon of both canyons and got spectacular photos. Big tours well controlled and held back until we got our shots (three of us). Only downside is that I had to have the lens refurbished when I got back home. It sounded like a pepper mill when focusing. Back at the hotel, before removing it, used compressed gas can to get as much of the sand out of the small areas of the camera and lens. Camera (5DSR) did well. Took my Siuri
...Show more

Hey John,
What is the upper canyon like? There are tons of photos everywhere including FM of the Lower Antelope, but I rarely see photos of the upper Antelope canyon. How different is it from lower and how does it make the photos different? Do the photo guides still throw sand into the invisible sunlight so you can get the streams of sunlight radiating through the sand as it falls?

I had really wanted to take my wife to at least one of them, but obviously now it just may be the upper if the lower is off for good. But the guy that took me around Arizona said that I was the first client that he went with through Lower Antelope since they had opened it up to non-photographers and the overall feeling really sucked. So maybe one day they'll look back at how good it was when they were doing photo tours with small groups that really were conscience of where they were and weren't dropping wrappers around and had kids that were leaping over ledges and stuff, and open it back up to photographers again. After all, they've got to be missing the money as well!
Thanks for writing.

Bill

Jan 25, 2018 at 04:12 PM
Johnwocher
• •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Sold: Canon EOS 5D Mark III $1,100

Greetings Bill -
I liked Upper Antelope Canyon better because of the light beams. Inside seemed brighter, wider. We timed it for when the sun was almost directly overhead. Yes, sand was thrown to increase visibility. Guide was very good, showed us where to stand for good shots, never felt hurried. Held back the hoards very well. Coached us where to look (like looking up more).
Once crowds passed us (or we passed them), we had the place all to ourselves. I had heard about the "hurry up and shoot" stories. Not true on my visit. Guide would call out to other guides to hold back. Made us feel like VIPs in a sense. I'll post a photo or two here. Only downside was that we were there after a rain the previous night, and lots of footprints in the sand floor, hard to smooth out in post processing.
Cheers,
John

Jan 25, 2018 at 11:16 PM
Johnwocher
• •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Sold: Canon EOS 5D Mark III $1,100

Here is one:

© Johnwocher 2017

Upper Antelope Canyon Light Beam

Jan 25, 2018 at 11:25 PM
Johnwocher
• •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Sold: Canon EOS 5D Mark III $1,100

And.....

Same As Above

Jan 25, 2018 at 11:44 PM
samestars

[X]
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Sold: Canon EOS 5D Mark III $1,100

nice use of texture.

Jan 27, 2018 at 02:17 AM
khurram1
• • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Sold: Canon EOS 5D Mark III $1,100

great shots! I haven't been there in a couple of years and was planning another trip this spring. What's the deal with Lower Antelope Is it no photo tours anymore, or no tours at all The last two times i was there, it was a zoo - i really miss my trips during my film days in the early 2000's when I'd see maybe 10 people total during my 3 hours in Lower Antelope.

Jan 27, 2018 at 02:45 AM
kmunroe
• • • • • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Sold: Canon EOS 5D Mark III $1,100

lookin good in B&W Bill

Jan 27, 2018 at 03:35 AM
guidostow
• • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Sold: Canon EOS 5D Mark III $1,100

Delightfully seen and executed!

Jan 27, 2018 at 05:43 AM
jimger

p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Sold: Canon EOS 5D Mark III $1,100

You can try Canyon X for photos, much less crowded, but the photos are definitely more colorful and diverse in Lower Antelope. The people that run Canyon X also run tours to Cardiac Canyon which I have not been to. Taadadiin Tours 928-660-8890. Canyon X is shorter than Antelope Canyon and way less crowded. Very friendly family that runs it. Also very affordable.
The people who ran the tours at Lower Antelope said controlling the crowds was too much for them.
Secret Canyon and Canyon X may be our only option, as my contact said Upper Antelope may soon go the same route.

Jan 30, 2018 at 02:51 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.